The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

Animals CritiqueThe Fishermen Three

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

The Fishermen Three

Post by minniev » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Here are the same egrets you saw before, in an artistic effort yesterday. This is before they saw me and took flight. Not exactly artistic but some different techniques than usual.

All suggestions & feedback appreciated.
Attachments
birds (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:47 am

They stand out beautifully! Excellent "printing." Reflections are perfectly wonderful. The only time I ever see egrets they are alone. I'd love to see two at once, let alone three! (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Wondering what you did different..a good catch minniev. The right bird seems to have a darker cast to it..on purpose, just the light, or my eyes......

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:47 am
They stand out beautifully! Excellent "printing." Reflections are perfectly wonderful. The only time I ever see egrets they are alone. I'd love to see two at once, let alone three! (OK)
Thanks Chuck. This is near their rookery, which is a hotspot this time of year, and lots of these feathered folk hang out in the wetland to fish.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm
Wondering what you did different..a good catch minniev. The right bird seems to have a darker cast to it..on purpose, just the light, or my eyes......
Thanks Frank. I think that is a dirty bird. The wetlands are muddy and if they flounder around in that stuff, they get darker. I can brighten him up a bit though! The miracle of photoshop!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1188
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 pm

classic and wonderful, love the muddy environment - they seem very much at home.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:26 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 pm
classic and wonderful, love the muddy environment - they seem very much at home.
Thanks Piet. I am glad the muddy environment turned out OK. The birds and mosquitos love it.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:00 am

minniev wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Here are the same egrets you saw before, in an artistic effort yesterday. This is before they saw me and took flight. Not exactly artistic but some different techniques than usual.

All suggestions & feedback appreciated.
How polite they are, waiting their turn. Hope there was enough for all. Almost looks like a time lapse. Well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:49 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:00 am
minniev wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Here are the same egrets you saw before, in an artistic effort yesterday. This is before they saw me and took flight. Not exactly artistic but some different techniques than usual.

All suggestions & feedback appreciated.
How polite they are, waiting their turn. Hope there was enough for all. Almost looks like a time lapse. Well done. Matt
Thank you Matt.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4096
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 am

Is this at the rookery or the short walk from the parking lot? I really like it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests