"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Animals CritiqueProfile Portrait

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Profile Portrait

Post by minniev » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm

And eagle along the Pascagoula River yesterday. Practicing editing on ipad. Tricky business.
307F4CBE-5197-45E4-B4F1-8112A092EFA3.jpeg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2021
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Looks good minniev..some understandable haloing here and there but no deal breaker.....

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:30 pm
Looks good minniev..some understandable haloing here and there but no deal breaker.....
I haven’t learned how to fix haloing on the iPad, only how to create it :) . I can fix it at home tho, and I’ve found some tools that may help me fix it on the ipad, just haven’t figured out exactly how to use them.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2021
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Sorta why I said understandable....your more adventurous than I with your pp...I can barely get anything close to right with a normal setup....

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:19 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm
And eagle along the Pascagoula River yesterday. Practicing editing on ipad. Tricky business.

307F4CBE-5197-45E4-B4F1-8112A092EFA3.jpeg

Minnie you are so fortunate to capture an eagle in the wild. I have never seen one other than the zoo. A fine image indeed, well composed and I am so jealous, LOL !!!

I don't have the courage to edit pictures on an iPad. I think I would mess things up so terribly. Nice work !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:36 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:19 pm
minniev wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm
And eagle along the Pascagoula River yesterday. Practicing editing on ipad. Tricky business.

307F4CBE-5197-45E4-B4F1-8112A092EFA3.jpeg

Minnie you are so fortunate to capture an eagle in the wild. I have never seen one other than the zoo. A fine image indeed, well composed and I am so jealous, LOL !!!

I don't have the courage to edit pictures on an iPad. I think I would mess things up so terribly. Nice work !!!
Dave
Thanks, Dave. I don’t see many, either, so I really appreciate them when I find them.

If you have a subscription to Adobe cc you already own all the tools, so you might as well experiment with em. My goal has been to have an alternative to hauling my laptop around on trips. I never do my final editing on the laptop anyway, but wait for my big monitor back home for final versions. So a “light” editing and storage solution can serve me well if I can figure it out.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1507
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:45 pm

awesome capture.. yeah, that stuff is much smaller than a laptop and you can see what you got. Just a temporary place until you get home, probably not worth learning (the editing stuff - since good shots will be reworked on the PC anyway). The ideal layout for me would be a large tablet with a card reader (need something faster than the typical USB connection), a good browser that can read raw files, a delete button to get rid of the junk, perhaps a few filters.. just a nice way to see what you have.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:15 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:45 pm
awesome capture.. yeah, that stuff is much smaller than a laptop and you can see what you got. Just a temporary place until you get home, probably not worth learning (the editing stuff - since good shots will be reworked on the PC anyway). The ideal layout for me would be a large tablet with a card reader (need something faster than the typical USB connection), a good browser that can read raw files, a delete button to get rid of the junk, perhaps a few filters.. just a nice way to see what you have.
Thanks Piet, glad you like him.

This is a 10 “ iPad Pro, big enough to see what I’m doing, plenty of storage, a fast card reader, and LightroomCC which is a scaled down version of LR. It handles raw files well, and Adobe has a handful of other editing apps that can be used in conjunction. I use Snapseed like I use NIK filters since they’re a lot the same. It is proving to be a practical alternative to the laptop when traveling. What I haven’t done yet is bring the ipad edits into my desktop computer to see how they hold up on the big screen.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1507
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:03 pm

I think 10 inches is perfect - still portable, but with the highres on those things now days, you should get a good idea of what you have. I have an old 10 inch nexus, but no card reader on it (though I bet I could go through a usb adaptor, just too slow). Anyway, seems like a super nice alternative to a laptop!

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 am

minniev wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm
And eagle along the Pascagoula River yesterday. Practicing editing on ipad. Tricky business.
Excuses, excuses...(LAF) All I can say is Jealous! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests