Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: 'Win-Place-Show'

Post by davechinn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 pm
I like it very much! Very! Piet could be right about the greens, though. Their saturation wouldn't be hard to reduce. (OK)
Thanks Chuck !!! Duh, absolutely, never gave thought to reducing the saturation. Sometimes I feel like a nut !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:47 am

davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:09 pm
This is an image taken at Keeneland horse racetrack in Lexington, Ky this past October. While, as always, experimenting and in unknown territory with this type of post processing. I'm just curious to any thoughts or ideas anyone would have. I just kinda dibbled and dabbled as I went along with this one. I did add a more cloudy sky along with a textured layer to give it a canvas look and feel, but is sort of subtle and then again, maybe not. Is it appealing or should I just remain on the dark side of moody?
Very etherial, Dave. My preference would be for a darker take. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:05 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:47 am
davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:09 pm
This is an image taken at Keeneland horse racetrack in Lexington, Ky this past October. While, as always, experimenting and in unknown territory with this type of post processing. I'm just curious to any thoughts or ideas anyone would have. I just kinda dibbled and dabbled as I went along with this one. I did add a more cloudy sky along with a textured layer to give it a canvas look and feel, but is sort of subtle and then again, maybe not. Is it appealing or should I just remain on the dark side of moody?
Very etherial, Dave. My preference would be for a darker take. Matt

Thanks Matt !!! I understand your preference and usually the way I go as well. However, experimentation wins with this image and I'm sure there will be others along the way. I believe that would be part of the learning experience.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 pm

This is an interesting image with a fun story to tell. At first I wasn't too sure of that bright white cloud as it's the first thing that strikes my eye, but it holds it there long enough to look at the big screen which then leads me to the horses in full gallop and back again. The dust behind works perfectly, my only concern is did the fore-horse lose a rear leg? That white sock gives an odd feel. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 pm
This is an interesting image with a fun story to tell. At first I wasn't too sure of that bright white cloud as it's the first thing that strikes my eye, but it holds it there long enough to look at the big screen which then leads me to the horses in full gallop and back again. The dust behind works perfectly, my only concern is did the fore-horse lose a rear leg? That white sock gives an odd feel. S-

Thanks Steve !!! This is one I took in a different direction with post processing and if I had to redo it I doubt very seriously if it would come out the same, because I can't remember all the steps I took to achieve this. I should pay more attention to what I'm doing, especially when approaching something new out of my head.

I really didn't take much notice to the horse's rear leg, but your observation brought it to my attention. It is there, but is slightly hidden from the vignette I used.
Dave

David Alan Harvey