"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

Animals CritiqueLone Bighorn Sheep

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Lone Bighorn Sheep

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:59 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Ceropegia wrote:... Rather than desaturate the whole shot, though, I think I would just turn down the red a tad which would still leave the yellows for the fall atmosphere.

If it helps I ran the image through Picasa's I'm Feeling Lucky and agree, tone the reds and the rest of the image falls in place. Great catch! S-

Thanks for your feedback, Steve! Several ways to go with this, though I confess I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet because I got sidetracked by my foggy cows, lol. I do still like my original edit of this bighorn, but a few exploratory tweaks are on my to-do list, I promise :D
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:01 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Thanks for your feedback, Steve! Several ways to go with this, though I confess I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet because I got sidetracked by my foggy cows, lol. I do still like my original edit of this bighorn, but a few exploratory tweaks are on my to-do list, I promise :D

I was amazed to see the difference Picasa made and am happy to share it if you'd like. Now about those cows! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 pm

St3v3M wrote:I was amazed to see the difference Picasa made and am happy to share it if you'd like. Now about those cows! S-

You are welcome to post yours, of course! I used to have a lot of fun with Picasa, still use the virtual frames occasionally, but Nik Color Efex has 52 filters in that module - combine via opacity changes or blend modes, layers and layer masks, infinite possibilities :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:40 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
St3v3M wrote:I was amazed to see the difference Picasa made and am happy to share it if you'd like. Now about those cows! S-

You are welcome to post yours, of course! I used to have a lot of fun with Picasa, still use the virtual frames occasionally, but Nik Color Efex has 52 filters in that module - combine via opacity changes or blend modes, layers and layer masks, infinite possibilities :)

Google's Picasa was my goto for many years and I still use it every now and then even though I'm trying new things too.

You're too kind and I appreciate you letting me show this. It's minor, but I hope you like it! S-
Attachments
1 P9230024 fm jpg.jpg
1 P9230024 fm jpg.jpg (755.33 KiB) Viewed 293 times
1 P9230024 fm jpgIFL.jpg
1 P9230024 fm jpgIFL.jpg (695.96 KiB) Viewed 293 times

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

St3v3M wrote:... It's minor, but I hope you like it! S-
Toggling between your #2 and my original I see fill light and more structure that are both quite appealing. Thanks much!

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:55 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
St3v3M wrote:... It's minor, but I hope you like it! S-
Toggling between your #2 and my original I see fill light and more structure that are both quite appealing. Thanks much!

I was amazed to see the difference too, it was almost like a filter had been removed from the original. Thank you again! S-