"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

Animals CritiqueAnimals watching you 1

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Animals watching you 1

Post by Didereaux » Tue May 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Have a few shots scattered around of animals and birds that think they are hidden, and are watching me.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 1:58 am

Didereaux wrote:Have a few shots scattered around of animals and birds that think they are hidden, and are watching me.

Such a beautiful coyote and looks healthy as well!

And usually I would say the grass in its eyes are a distraction but they seem to add more interest here. Upon closer inspection, the image seems a little soft, where I'd blame the focus on the grass, but I wouldn't change a thing! I love it as is and have so many questions. Thank you for posting here! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux » Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Didereaux wrote:Have a few shots scattered around of animals and birds that think they are hidden, and are watching me.

Such a beautiful coyote and looks healthy as well!

And usually I would say the grass in its eyes are a distraction but they seem to add more interest here. Upon closer inspection, the image seems a little soft, where I'd blame the focus on the grass, but I wouldn't change a thing! I love it as is and have so many questions. Thank you for posting here! S-

Shot at 400mm, so it is heavily cropped. Only reason we even saw him was the wife spotted a flick of white every once in awhile way over there. He would turn his ear back and forth listening and that white fur inside was just enough to give him away.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Didereaux wrote:Shot at 400mm, so it is heavily cropped. Only reason we even saw him was the wife spotted a flick of white every once in awhile way over there. He would turn his ear back and forth listening and that white fur inside was just enough to give him away.

It's the same with most animals I spot, that it's by their motion as they usually blend in so well. Sure is a beauty! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"