Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
Waiting On An Update - The Reply Error Message Is An Annoyance, But The Site Still Works

Animals CritiqueJust A Friend

Post Reply
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Just A Friend

Post by minniev » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:21 am

Taking a break from the Colorado pictures to post one from this morning. Back to Colorado tomorrow.

I didn't try to do anything about the blurred leaves in the foreground. Should I? Couldn't be avoided in shooting, I sure tried.
Attachments
blue (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2237
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:16 am

aw - he is cute. Looks like you got pretty close.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:38 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:16 am
aw - he is cute. Looks like you got pretty close.
He was very kind. He let me quite close. The little bay is now closed to boats so the birds own it. They are braver now that they are in charge.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Nice capture, the background color really draws me to your subject. The blurred leaves in the foreground is subjective to leave or remove. If it were mine, I think I would leave them. It adds to the framing/composition, IMO.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:14 pm

First let me say it is a good image as is..had you put it in showcase I would have left it at that. Since it is here and I'm not qualified to critique I'll just give you my thoughts......

I find nothing at all wrong with the oof leaves as part of the framing..however you could certainly crop the critter to the upper left thirds line to eliminate the left leaves which showcases your subject a bit more....speaking of showcasing your subject I would suggest some more pp to separate your friend from that very strong background..it sorta makes me look past your friend.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:15 am

davechinn wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:20 pm
Nice capture, the background color really draws me to your subject. The blurred leaves in the foreground is subjective to leave or remove. If it were mine, I think I would leave them. It adds to the framing/composition, IMO.
Dave
Thanks Dave
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:19 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:14 pm
First let me say it is a good image as is..had you put it in showcase I would have left it at that. Since it is here and I'm not qualified to critique I'll just give you my thoughts......

I find nothing at all wrong with the oof leaves as part of the framing..however you could certainly crop the critter to the upper left thirds line to eliminate the left leaves which showcases your subject a bit more....speaking of showcasing your subject I would suggest some more pp to separate your friend from that very strong background..it sorta makes me look past your friend.
Always want opinions, you know! I know he fights with the background. Here is my weird thinking which I know is way off the compositional chart. I tried to get him lined up on the midpoint line between the green and yellow foliage, where there’s one line made up of the dock post, the bird’s legs, and the line between the different colored foliage. It would be safer to stick with the basic formulary
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:32 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:21 am
Taking a break from the Colorado pictures to post one from this morning. Back to Colorado tomorrow.

I didn't try to do anything about the blurred leaves in the foreground. Should I? Couldn't be avoided in shooting, I sure tried.
When you look at the blurred leaves what do you see, or more importantly where do your eyes go? I love them! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests