Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

― Transportation CritiqueGuess What?

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Guess What?

Post by minniev » Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Found an old car graveyard deep in the woods of the Big Black swamp. Trying to figure what to do with them. I can go back for more. The cars are shoulder to shoulder so it involves either a grouping or an extraction, of necessity. If there are any old car aficionados, and want to tinker, I'll be glad to link an original file.
Attachments
garlic (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Well done minniev, I wouldn't change a thing.....

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm

super cool shot Min. I love your technique on this, perhaps add a hint of fog or some such, and for humor, perhaps a Dam Hood Ornament. Your car is awesome. Needs the slightest clockwise rotation too

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue May 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 pm
Well done minniev, I wouldn't change a thing.....
Thanks Frank

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue May 21, 2019 8:01 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm
super cool shot Min. I love your technique on this, perhaps add a hint of fog or some such, and for humor, perhaps a Dam Hood Ornament. Your car is awesome. Needs the slightest clockwise rotation too
Hadn't thought of an ornament, could work! Thanks!

I thought of straightening it but left it as it sat all askew. No doubt something underneath was unhinged...

Every car in the graveyard was an Edsel. I have not see so many in one place since my father went broke as a Ford salesman the year they came out. He always had a knack for picking losing enterprises: Edsels, Morris Minors, Studebakers, then switched to newspapers with the same result. As a side venture he tried emus, but that didn't work either. And when the Mississippi flooded in '93, he had to evacuate in a party boat with a wife and 2 year old twins, two goats and several emus. It wasn't pretty. The humans and goats survived but the boat is somewhere at the bottom of the river. Not sure about the emus but I never saw them again.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 am

minniev wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:01 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm
Hadn't thought of an ornament, could work! Thanks!

I thought of straightening it but left it as it sat all askew. No doubt something underneath was unhinged...

Every car in the graveyard was an Edsel. I have not see so many in one place since my father went broke as a Ford salesman the year they came out. He always had a knack for picking losing enterprises: Edsels, Morris Minors, Studebakers, then switched to newspapers with the same result. As a side venture he tried emus, but that didn't work either. And when the Mississippi flooded in '93, he had to evacuate in a party boat with a wife and 2 year old twins, two goats and several emus. It wasn't pretty. The humans and goats survived but the boat is somewhere at the bottom of the river. Not sure about the emus but I never saw them again.
OMG - I understand Edison learned lots of ways that a light bulb doesn't work, and I understand that your father raised on heck of a daughter - and I am sure there is way more to know in that story. If you wrote that book, I know I would read it...

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed May 22, 2019 1:45 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 am

OMG - I understand Edison learned lots of ways that a light bulb doesn't work, and I understand that your father raised on heck of a daughter - and I am sure there is way more to know in that story. If you wrote that book, I know I would read it...
Since photography came to me after that event, I have no pictures. But mentally I can see them huddled on the deck of the party boat together beneath an ominous sky - toddlers, goats, emus - staring glumly over the railing at the roiling and rising river, the wind blowing hair and feathers..

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed May 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Detail shot.

Imagination runs a bit wild. We were on a search for the hideouts of one of Mississippi's most notorious murderers, Albert Lepard, when we came upon the Edsel graveyard about a mile from where he lived. He was first famous for murdering his aunt by tying her to her bed and setting the bed on fire, a grim choice of methods but later set a record for the most escapes any convict ever had from the state penitentiary. A new book about his escapades just came out so we were using clues from it, looking in the swamps for some of his hideouts. I don't think Albert was prosperous enough to have an Edsel unless he stole it, but this one looks like a good vehicle for a life of crime and mayhem.
Attachments
edsel (1 of 1)-3.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm

Interesting story as always....wonderful portrayal of a rusting relic minniev.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm
Interesting story as always....wonderful portrayal of a rusting relic minniev.
Thanks Frank!