Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Transportation Critique'Should have been an Uber'

Vehicles of any type; cars, trucks, planes, trains, boat, spaceships, bikes and other conveyances
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Should have been an Uber'

Post by davechinn »

Taken a little over 5 years and since I haven't been on the streets in a year or so, I decided to sneak into some of my ole' archives to post a couple images from the streets of Cincinnati. 8):
Attachments
Lost Uber DEC_2283 B&W w.jpg
Lost Uber DEC_2284 B&W w.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 pm
Taken a little over 5 years and since I haven't been on the streets in a year or so, I decided to sneak into some of my ole' archives to post a couple images from the streets of Cincinnati. 8):
These are cool street shots with great vibe of city night life as we no longer know it,. That, and the editing, gives them a wistful classic feel that could be anything in the past 50 years except for the vehicles and clothing styles. Wonderful retrievals from the archives. I’ve been doing the same, since the furthest I’ve been traveling is the dam and my country house.

There is no shame in raiding the archives. I’ve found some of my favorite images by giving a second look. Seems like you’ll be doing the same! I pulled out a NOLA image from our first shoot together there just yesterday.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

Classic..

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:59 pm
davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 pm
These are cool street shots with great vibe of city night life as we no longer know it,. That, and the editing, gives them a wistful classic feel that could be anything in the past 50 years except for the vehicles and clothing styles. Wonderful retrievals from the archives. I’ve been doing the same, since the furthest I’ve been traveling is the dam and my country house.

There is no shame in raiding the archives. I’ve found some of my favorite images by giving a second look. Seems like you’ll be doing the same! I pulled out a NOLA image from our first shoot together there just yesterday.

Thanks Minnie !!! Not sure why it has taken so long to post these, but I'm sure there is a good reason. Absolutely .... no shame in raiding the archives. It's interesting to know ... what strikes us to be acceptable then appears to be different now or later. I have come to the conclusion to "what was I thinking"?

What caught my eye was the way these two young ladies were dressed. The high heels and the way they were hurriedly walking ... then I realized they were intoxicated !!! Explains everything.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 pm
Classic..

Thanks for commenting Frank.

rmalarz
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by rmalarz »

Nice work, Dave.

Heck, I'd have given them a ride for free. Though, they'd have had to sit in the bed of my old Toyota Tacoma.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.
Lifetime member Royal Photographic Society