Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

― Transportation CritiqueCuba Car

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Cuba Car

Post by minniev » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:23 pm

More processing experiments under way.

Let me know about the processing. It's all about the car, but I tried to artify it a little with some color and grunge alterations that felt a little vintage to me . please share your thoughts
Attachments
cuba (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:17 am

Processing wise I guess it has a bit of a vintage feel so good for you....compositionally it seems awkward...

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:37 pm

This is one ole' Chevy that may be beyond repair, car wise !!! The photo? If grunge was the goal, more is in need. The mark may have been missed with the shutter, but it is what it is. I always love to view vintage car/trucks even if the owner has made bad choices with upgrading. A roof rack on a 51' or 52' Chevrolet? Unheard of until now. Thanks Minnie, as I'm banging my head. :wall:
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:17 am
Processing wise I guess it has a bit of a vintage feel so good for you....compositionally it seems awkward...
Thanks for looking!

I think most of my Cuba pictures are compositionally weak, from either shooting while walking or from a bus window. I'm trying to make a book of them because my husband wants one and it's far more a chore than usual. But he is not discerning, and won't care.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:57 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:37 pm
This is one ole' Chevy that may be beyond repair, car wise !!! The photo? If grunge was the goal, more is in need. The mark may have been missed with the shutter, but it is what it is. I always love to view vintage car/trucks even if the owner has made bad choices with upgrading. A roof rack on a 51' or 52' Chevrolet? Unheard of until now. Thanks Minnie, as I'm banging my head. :wall:
Dave
Perhaps I should add more grunge to compensate! Photos from buses are never what we want but sometimes what we try to dress up to compensate for, especially when cool old cars are involved. The Cuban people are very inventive and have done all kinds of odd stuff to these old cars to suit them to a particular purpose or just for their own taste.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:57 pm
davechinn wrote:
Dave
Perhaps I should add more grunge to compensate! Photos from buses are never what we want but sometimes what we try to dress up to compensate for, especially when cool old cars are involved. The Cuban people are very inventive and have done all kinds of odd stuff to these old cars to suit them to a particular purpose or just for their own taste.

Absolutely, sometimes vehicles never come out as planned and no amount of processing seems to satisfy, so I'll usually used the car in a composite at a later date.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:51 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 pm
minniev wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:57 pm
davechinn wrote:
Dave

Absolutely, sometimes vehicles never come out as planned and no amount of processing seems to satisfy, so I'll usually used the car in a composite at a later date.
Dave
Cuba gave me a whole lot of old cars that you may see again in various places. It is a treasure trove of that stuff.