“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Member's Showcase"PT Visits" for Charles

Vehicles of any type. If it travels from one place to another it's fair game.
- Planes, trains and automobiles... trucks, boats, gliders, motorbikes, etc.
Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

"PT Visits" for Charles

Postby Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Charles, Thought you would enjoy this view. Added to my "PT Visits" series with a visit last Monday. I've been photographing there for the last 28 years. It's quite a lovely little town and am considering moving there in the future.
It's hard not to constantly look and see the same subjects, however things to do change on a regular bases and I'm always pleasantly surprised with the new things seen and the images I bring back home.

Best regards, Ernst
Attachments
IMG_8737 16X20.jpg
IMG_8737 16X20.jpg (423.36 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Today is the Day, a New Day.

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: "PT Visits" for Charles

Postby minniev » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:Charles, Thought you would enjoy this view. Added to my "PT Visits" series with a visit last Monday. I've been photographing there for the last 28 years. It's quite a lovely little town and am considering moving there in the future.
It's hard not to constantly look and see the same subjects, however things to do change on a regular bases and I'm always pleasantly surprised with the new things seen and the images I bring back home.

Best regards, Ernst

Absolutely wonderful. All the great textures and shapes and lines and angles connected with those thin ropes. This is the sort of image I would buy to hang in my own house, just for the pleasure of it.

I feel similarly about Monhegan, ME, which I visit every year. It's a tiny island that changes at a snail's pace over centuries rather than years, but I always find new things to shoot, new arrangements of the same familiar components, different light, etc. So even though I'm shooting the same people doing the same things with the same boats etc, it is always different.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:Charles, Thought you would enjoy this view. Added to my "PT Visits" series with a visit last Monday. I've been photographing there for the last 28 years. It's quite a lovely little town and am considering moving there in the future.

Best regards, Ernst

THANK you so much, Ernst! I certainly do enjoy this view. I can see the tide is out and the boats are on the bottom. I love the details such as the mooring lines around the cleat and the cut-down milk jug the owner of that lovely clinker-built boat uses for a bailer. But then it's the details of the composition, the three elements in somehow random-yet-precise arrangement, and a key factor in almost any Ernst-Ulrich picture, the fact that we only see a relatively small part of the whole, yet (at least for old wannabe boatmen) we can extrapolate the whole from its parts. And let's not forget the LIGHT, which I can see from the shadow of the cleat is low, skimming texture light that picks out every crisp detail in that beautifully weathered wood.

Wow.

Thanks! :love: :cheers:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby LindaShorey » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Inspiring artistry! Agree with all the accolades written so far.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:03 am

What I like most about this image is the light, that you can see where it's coming from and how it adds to the overall feel. The texture, composition, and all of that are beautiful, but the light seems to be a character of its own here and adds more than is realized for it's subtleness but overall power to change the scene.

May I ask if you shot this late in the day on purpose and was this your choice, the choice for the best image, or by chance? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Transportation”