"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

Member's ShowcaseRose The Tiny Tent Trailer in Winter

Vehicles of any type. If it travels from one place to another it's fair game.
- Planes, trains and automobiles... trucks, boats, gliders, motorbikes, etc.
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Rose The Tiny Tent Trailer in Winter

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri May 26, 2017 9:43 pm

I'd forgotten about this. I made it with my smarter-than-I-am phone on arrival from Madison, Wisconsin to Lincoln, Nebraska. It was the 24th of February and driving nearly 500 miles in some of the filthiest weather I've ever seen resulted in this somewhat bizarre ice sculpture on Rosie's wheels.
IMG_20170224_165107.EM.jpg
Huawei Nexus 6P Smarter-Than-Me Android Phone 1/125 @ f/2.0 ISO 60
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Rose The Tiny Tent Trailer in Winter

Postby LindaShorey » Sat May 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Oh my gosh, I'd have documented that too - pretty "cool" (so to speak) + a sober reminder that I shouldn't complain too much about the upcoming mid-90's temps!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Sat May 27, 2017 1:49 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Oh my gosh, I'd have documented that too - pretty "cool" (so to speak) + a sober reminder that I shouldn't complain too much about the upcoming mid-90's temps!

And THAT is the whole trouble with weather! :x
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:05 am

Charles Haacker wrote:I'd forgotten about this. I made it with my smarter-than-I-am phone on arrival from Madison, Wisconsin to Lincoln, Nebraska. It was the 24th of February and driving nearly 500 miles in some of the filthiest weather I've ever seen resulted in this somewhat bizarre ice sculpture on Rosie's wheels.IMG_20170224_165107.EM.jpg

Reminds me of when I was in Toronto some winter ago and saw car tires frozen to the road. I'm told the locals have to chip the ice away and then drive a bit before the tire regains it round shape so you end up going fromp fromp fromp for a ways before the tire heats up. Weird and not something I want to live in.

The sculptures are interesting though and look like they developed while you were driving, sort of like a child's paint and spin game. Neat! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Transportation”