"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

Member's ShowcaseOn approach

Vehicles of any type. If it travels from one place to another it's fair game.
- Planes, trains and automobiles... trucks, boats, gliders, motorbikes, etc.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

On approach

Postby LindaShorey » Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm

One of a dozen or so shots I took of a crop dusting plane. I thought the profile was so cute, I took it to "playful" pp and added some clouds besides.
Attachments
0P5040032clouds.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: On approach

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Boy! That's one of those the-more-I-look-the-better-I-like shots. (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Graham Smith
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus

Postby Graham Smith » Wed May 17, 2017 2:27 pm

The plane looks very "comic book" I like it :thumbup:

Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Ceropegia » Wed May 17, 2017 3:54 pm

The plane really does have a cartoon quality to it. Very cute, indeed!
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker

minniev
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby minniev » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

LindaShorey wrote:One of a dozen or so shots I took of a crop dusting plane. I thought the profile was so cute, I took it to "playful" pp and added some clouds besides.

I like this one a lot Linda, cool shot with just enough elements to make it interesting but not too many to clutter things. The contrast between the cools and warms is also nice, but the best part is the compositional lines that have the plane's flight path intersecting with the utility line at the edge of the frame, like an arrow moving left to right. I'm figuring the clouds are texture-based, good job of blending and incorporating.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Postby LindaShorey » Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Thank you all so much! I'm very grateful you found interest. One of those that I've been coming back to for awhile and since I smiled each time I looked at it, I decided to see if I could spread the fun :) MInnie, the sky is real clouds! The first of starting to compile my own library of textures (and/or sky replacements). Shot from my balcony one storming evening.
Attachments
t1-706417-0_p1020742.jpg
t1-706417-0_p1020742.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 282 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:00 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Thank you all so much! I'm very grateful you found interest. One of those that I've been coming back to for awhile and since I smiled each time I looked at it, I decided to see if I could spread the fun :) MInnie, the sky is real clouds! The first of starting to compile my own library of textures (and/or sky replacements). Shot from my balcony one storming evening.

Those are great clouds! They really worked in your picture. Building a library of clouds is an excellent idea. I just posted something to which I added clouds from my library. :| I've been collecting clouds since school when we had our "pasteup" assignment.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Postby LindaShorey » Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
LindaShorey wrote:Thank you all so much! I'm very grateful you found interest. One of those that I've been coming back to for awhile and since I smiled each time I looked at it, I decided to see if I could spread the fun :) MInnie, the sky is real clouds! The first of starting to compile my own library of textures (and/or sky replacements). Shot from my balcony one storming evening.

Those are great clouds! They really worked in your picture. Building a library of clouds is an excellent idea. I just posted something to which I added clouds from my library. :| I've been collecting clouds since school when we had our "pasteup" assignment.

Neat-o! And thanks again, Chuck. It's fun to keep general "textures" in mind when out shooting too. I photographed some cheat grass yesterday, which is very nasty stuff in that it can work its way into the paws of dog's feet. I just read it's not native. Wow, it's ALL over the hills of central Washington. Anywho, I hope to use that photo as a background texture at some point, though I might need to blur it a bit :)

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 pm

The cheat grass is invasive but I have heard that it can be harvested for ethanol, which suggests to me that maybe we don't have to distill corn into fuel. (Just sayin'...)

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sat May 20, 2017 3:48 am

LindaShorey wrote:One of a dozen or so shots I took of a crop dusting plane. I thought the profile was so cute, I took it to "playful" pp and added some clouds besides.

This is a funny image I'm sure I wouldn't have taken and would have regretted it now that I see what you've done with it. We should have an 'almost boring contest' where we see who can take what would be assumed as a boring image and post our vision of how to make it better. Wait, did I say that out loud? I'm not calling your image boring...laf! I can't get over how I wouldn't have shot this, but the more I look the more I like it! Neat-O and more please! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Transportation”