"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Member's ShowcaseBackyard Raptors 4

Our feathered friends are found all around us. From the common to the exotic.
- Birds of any type in the wild or in captivity. Share your images, techniques and equipment choices.
User avatar
Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:37 pm
Reputation: 90
Location: swamps of East Texas
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Backyard Raptors 4

Postby Didereaux » Tue May 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Itty-bitty Eastern Screech Owl. About 6" tall, and ferocious! This one lit in the Angel trumpets late one evening and was courteous enough to wait around until i got the camera and a flash out and took a test shot. ;) I may have posted this one before, but am trying to get things organized with my postings instead of lottery style! :D

270A0993-Edit.jpg
270A0993-Edit.jpg (370.6 KiB) Viewed 204 times
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 100
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Backyard Raptors 4

Postby St3v3M » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:25 am

Didereaux wrote:Itty-bitty Eastern Screech Owl. About 6" tall, and ferocious! This one lit in the Angel trumpets late one evening and was courteous enough to wait around until i got the camera and a flash out and took a test shot. ;) I may have posted this one before, but am trying to get things organized with my postings instead of lottery style! :D

I have to know, ferocious to its prey or did it come after you? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:37 pm
Reputation: 90
Location: swamps of East Texas
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Backyard Raptors 4

Postby Didereaux » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:16 am

St3v3M wrote:
Didereaux wrote:Itty-bitty Eastern Screech Owl. About 6" tall, and ferocious! This one lit in the Angel trumpets late one evening and was courteous enough to wait around until i got the camera and a flash out and took a test shot. ;) I may have posted this one before, but am trying to get things organized with my postings instead of lottery style! :D

I have to know, ferocious to its prey or did it come after you? S-



lol Although I doubt he was too pleased with me, I am to large for him to attack openly. His reputation comes from his lack of tolerance to anything upto about 1 and a half times his size. They eat almost anything in that range. Interestingly enough almost everything above that size eats the Screech Owl. Tough world they live in. They remind me of the little tough guys in pool halls! :D
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 100
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Backyard Raptors 4

Postby St3v3M » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:24 am

Didereaux wrote:lol Although I doubt he was too pleased with me, I am to large for him to attack openly. His reputation comes from his lack of tolerance to anything upto about 1 and a half times his size. They eat almost anything in that range. Interestingly enough almost everything above that size eats the Screech Owl. Tough world they live in. They remind me of the little tough guys in pool halls! :D

Owls are fascinating! Thank you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"


Return to “Birds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest