"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Animals ShowcaseGBH made fanciful

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

GBH made fanciful

Postby LindaShorey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Edits - a little of this, a little of that, perhaps a tiny bit too much of "that," LOL

I waited 30 minutes (an eternity for me) but this is the closest it looked to attempting a catch.
Attachments
1 P1010101.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: GBH made fanciful

Postby Charles Haacker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Boy, that is just somethin'! :clap: I don't know if I would have the patience to wait half that long, 'specially if there were skeeters. Fabulous shot!
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby LindaShorey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Boy, that is just somethin'! :clap: I don't know if I would have the patience to wait half that long, 'specially if there were skeeters. Fabulous shot!

Thank you Chuck! For some reason, blurry-on-purpose pp looks better to me in the editor than after uploaded to a website :)

It was a bit cool and early for the mosquitoes, and maybe not so many there as this is an in-town park. I've most definitely been chewed on, right through the Deet, up at Chinook Pass!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Postby minniev » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:18 pm

I like your artistic rendition, especially the emphasis you placed on the white ruff around his neck.

These guys will sit, in ready position, for VERY long periods of time.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Postby PietFrancke » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Love it Linda - my only critique would be to lessen the saturation on the background strip of leaves - it's busy and pulls the eye too much.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby LindaShorey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Minnie and Piet, thanks so much for your interest and your comments.

Piet, I like your suggestion and I can see all kinds of stuff I'd do differently now that I've been away from it a few days, lol. Appreciated!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Psjunkie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:31 am

So I need some straightening out here...I have not been commenting much in this section as I didn't think any kind of critique or opinion or whatever you want to call it was suppose to be given and I'm rarely one that just says nice shot..would love some guidance as I would like to try and contribute to the site....

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:26 am

Psjunkie wrote:So I need some straightening out here...I have not been commenting much in this section as I didn't think any kind of critique or opinion or whatever you want to call it was suppose to be given and I'm rarely one that just says nice shot..would love some guidance as I would like to try and contribute to the site....

Hi, Frank. You're right. Unless it says "Critics' Corner" at the top you're not supposed to offer critique, just "nice shot," but that doesn't mean you can't elaborate and say why you think it's a nice shot. Moreover, some folks like Linda and Minnie (and to a lesser extent me) don't mind if you offer a gentle suggestion. Since we are still a small group it doesn't take long before you begin to get a sense of who will accept what and how much, but no one seems to mind a gentle suggestion. In the Critics' Corner, at least theoretically you can be brutally honest, but that's all a personality thing. I don't often offer critique because I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. If I do offer it I try to be as diplomatic as possible, but in theory if one posts in Critics' Corner one should be prepared to accept possibly harsh critique (That's the worst picture of a pink elephant ever!!!) :|
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby LindaShorey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Psjunkie wrote:So I need some straightening out here...I have not been commenting much in this section as I didn't think any kind of critique or opinion or whatever you want to call it was suppose to be given and I'm rarely one that just says nice shot..would love some guidance as I would like to try and contribute to the site....

You raise an excellent question, Frank. Maybe send a note to Duck or Steve and ask for guidance? I'm in agreement with what Chuck responded, but knowing someone for a year or two can certainly make a difference for some folks in how comments are received. I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of offering an opinion in the showcase section, so I'd also appreciate guidance.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Psjunkie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Was not trying to highjack you thread Linda so thanks, good to know you are also wondering....Thanks Chuck.

Return to “Animals Showcase”