"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

Photography GamesPhoto Genesis - The home game

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Photo Genesis - The home game

Post by Duck » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:03 pm

I recently posted a tutorial about a drawing exercise I modified to fit the photographer's needs. It is called Photo Genesis - A Visual Design Exercise. Below is a quick rundown of the lists.

Photo Genesis.jpg
Basic Instructions

I thought it might be fun to create a game out of this. Every two weeks, starting in January, I'll run a random die roller (thanks Chuck), give the corresponding criteria based on the published instructions and let you loose to create. You can then post your results to each challenge's page. Here are a few "rules" to keep in mind;

Each game will run two weeks but you can return to them at any time.

Participation is voluntary and you can jump in or out of a game as you like.

Each challenge contains five criteria and for an image to qualify for the challenge it should try to incorporate as many of the five criteria as possible.

Criteria are broad on purpose so use your imagination in how to interpret the combination of those five criteria.

Challenges are designed to help you explore so get out there and make images. Don't just rely on what's in your library.

I hope you'll take up the challenge. :clap:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage