Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Things CritiqueBerg

Images of inanimate objects; furniture, food & beverage, appliances, gadgets, electronics, apparel, jewelry
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Berg

Post by minniev »

This big beauty was just hanging around in the harbor in the village of Kings Point, NF. It was a painfully bright contrasty day with no clouds, as luck would have it, so I did some creative processing to help her stand out.
Attachments
berg (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

This feels like a night time image where it stay daylight all night or one that's in the shadows....I like that you were able to include the village behind

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

I have never seen a berg ... other than in pictures ... but this one works very well in B&W. I'm very envious !!! LOL.
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:37 pm
This feels like a night time image where it stay daylight all night or one that's in the shadows....I like that you were able to include the village behind
It kinda is a day-to-night look. I will probably do some other efforts with the original both color and monochrome, but the color is so hampered by the overbright day, I'm uncertain how much I can go with it.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 pm
I have never seen a berg ... other than in pictures ... but this one works very well in B&W. I'm very envious !!! LOL.
Dave
This was the first big one I've seen. About five years ago I saw one about the size of a small car floating in the bay at St. Anthony's, but it was dark, and I could only get the poorest of images of it. This time, we found several large ones and I've got some raw material to work with! I wish we'd had time to go on an iceberg boat trip, but we had an ambitious schedule that forced us to hunt them from land.