"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." —Samuel Beckett

Things CritiqueSafety Razor

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Safety Razor

Post by Duck » Sat May 14, 2016 1:46 am

I think one of my favorite styles of photography is low key imagery like this one. For me, it has a lot of attention getting power.

Comments, criticisms, suggestions and so on...?
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat May 14, 2016 2:16 am

Wow! It isn't often I stop and take a second look and even less that I feel inspired to give it a go.

Thanks for the motivation and for sharing your work with us! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sat May 14, 2016 2:58 am

Duck wrote:I think one of my favorite styles of photography is low key imagery like this one. For me, it has a lot of attention getting power.

Comments, criticisms, suggestions and so on...?
Outstanding shot Duck....for what it's worth it appears to have a bit of a pink or red tint to the handle which does not detract from a thing don't get me wrong. I'm new here Duck and can be blunt at times but mean no harm....I just call things as I see em. Important part is the "I see" part. I make an ass out of myself because I assume people want to know what others see.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat May 14, 2016 3:03 am

I think it best to say it like it is rather than side step an issue and let the person think it's okay. All with respect of course, but we're all here to help one another so what else would it be. And I believe it's best to see your work through another's eyes to see what they see so the more the merrier!

Honesty and respect! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 am

Nice shot Duck. I think you've got the reflective product shots down very well.

Psjunkie - The main point of the "critic's corner" is to receive input from others. Often our focus goes to one area and we will miss something that stands out to someone else. That, plus thoughts, suggestions, and tips from others are always welcome here. As long as it's presented in a constructive manner and not as an attack, it's welcome.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sat May 14, 2016 1:27 pm

TomCofer wrote:
Psjunkie - The main point of the "critic's corner" is to receive input from others. Often our focus goes to one area and we will miss something that stands out to someone else. That, plus thoughts, suggestions, and tips from others are always welcome here. As long as it's presented in a constructive manner and not as an attack, it's welcome.
Thank you Tom...Just wanted to make sure my position was clear as I am new here and don't want to start out on the wrong foot. One of the reasons I also posted here as I am always looking to improve. I hope everyone will bear with me till I get the hang of the new place.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Wed May 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Psjunkie wrote:Thank you Tom...Just wanted to make sure my position was clear as I am new here and don't want to start out on the wrong foot...

No worries, I come from a commercial design background. I have really thick skin when it comes to criticism. You can't hurt my feelings. :D

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Onslow » Wed May 18, 2016 9:18 pm

I do like this Duck. I see no sign of a faint tint in this image. The clean lines and lighting work well. I do think though that the bottom of the reflection could do with just a touch more light by perhaps changing the angle or height of the right hand light source. A very minor nit pick...
Well done on this. :)

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Wed May 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Onslow wrote:I do like this Duck. I see no sign of a faint tint in this image. The clean lines and lighting work well. I do think though that the bottom of the reflection could do with just a touch more light by perhaps changing the angle or height of the right hand light source. A very minor nit pick...
Well done on this. :)

Thanks Onslow. I actually toned down the reflection some. I thought it competed too much with the actual product. I'll post one with an untouched reflection and get your take on it.
I appreciate your input.