"Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected." —Robert Frank

Critic's CornerRadio Heaset

Commercial product shots or artistic still life all fit into this category.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Radio Heaset

Postby Duck » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 am

It's been awhile since I've posted something of interest here. This is a radio headset I bought so I can listen to music as I mow the lawn. I needed to add some more images of products shot on white for my portfolio so I took advantage of the new purchase. I borrowed my friend's Phase One with 60MP back and 80mm lens for this image. Post processing was done in Adobe Photoshop.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ErichBrunner
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby ErichBrunner » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Duck wrote:Image

It's been awhile since I've posted something of interest here. This is a radio headset I bought so I can listen to music as I mow the lawn. I needed to add some more images of products shot on white for my portfolio so I took advantage of the new purchase. I borrowed my friend's Phase One with 60MP back and 80mm lens for this image. Post processing was done in Adobe Photoshop.

The camera, no surprise here, produces amazing detail and sharpness. The fade in the reflection is what really makes this shot appealing to me.
Erich

Psjunkie
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby Psjunkie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Pretty darn good looking head set(heaset?) Duck...the reflection of the left seems to me, turned a bit too far clockwise....

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Duck » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks for looking, Erich. I appreciate the comments.

Psjunkie wrote:Pretty darn good looking head set(heaset?) Duck...the reflection of the left seems to me, turned a bit too far clockwise....

I think that may be an optical illusion as the reflection is in camera, not faked in post. Thanks for commenting though. ;)

Psjunkie
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus

Postby Psjunkie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 am

Duck wrote:Thanks for looking, Erich. I appreciate the comments.

Psjunkie wrote:Pretty darn good looking head set(heaset?) Duck...the reflection of the left seems to me, turned a bit too far clockwise....

I think that may be an optical illusion as the reflection is in camera, not faked in post. Thanks for commenting though. ;)
So I would ask as someone still learning what ever I can.....does it matter why it looks like it looks..would a client want it fixed..I am sincere and not trying to be a smart a......

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Duck » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:12 am

Psjunkie wrote:So I would ask as someone still learning what ever I can.....does it matter why it looks like it looks..would a client want it fixed.. I am sincere and not trying to be a smart a......

First, I don't get the 'smart ass' vibe from you so no worries. :)
Second, I truly believe the only dumb question is the one you failed to ask. That's why we share here. :thumbup:

The short answer is, if a client want's something fixed, it gets fixed. They're the ones spending the money after all.
The long answer is a bit more involved. Depending on the overall budget and intent of the final piece, if I felt the request was nitpicking I would try to dissuade the client from making (what I would consider) minor corrections that the majority of people would not notice. If the piece is to be a hero shot and lots of time, money and resources went into the production, no question, it would get changed.

That said, I still don't see anything off with the reflection. But then I have been staring at this for the past week or so.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus

Postby Psjunkie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:48 am

Duck wrote:
Psjunkie wrote:So I would ask as someone still learning what ever I can.....does it matter why it looks like it looks..would a client want it fixed.. I am sincere and not trying to be a smart a......

First, I don't get the 'smart ass' vibe from you so no worries. :)
Second, I truly believe the only dumb question is the one you failed to ask. That's why we share here. :thumbup:

The short answer is, if a client want's something fixed, it gets fixed. They're the ones spending the money after all.
The long answer is a bit more involved. Depending on the overall budget and intent of the final piece, if I felt the request was nitpicking I would try to dissuade the client from making (what I would consider) minor corrections that the majority of people would not notice. If the piece is to be a hero shot and lots of time, money and resources went into the production, no question, it would get changed.

That said, I still don't see anything off with the reflection. But then I have been staring at this for the past week or so.
Thanks very much for your take Duck...

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 am

Duck wrote:...
Second, I truly believe the only dumb question is the one you failed to ask. That's why we share here. ...

Thank You! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Commercial”