Critic's CornerRadio Heaset

Commercial product shots or artistic still life all fit into this category.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 109
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Radio Heaset

Postby Duck » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 am

Image

It's been awhile since I've posted something of interest here. This is a radio headset I bought so I can listen to music as I mow the lawn. I needed to add some more images of products shot on white for my portfolio so I took advantage of the new purchase. I borrowed my friend's Phase One with 60MP back and 80mm lens for this image. Post processing was done in Adobe Photoshop.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
ErichBrunner
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 pm
Reputation: 5
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby ErichBrunner » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Duck wrote:Image

It's been awhile since I've posted something of interest here. This is a radio headset I bought so I can listen to music as I mow the lawn. I needed to add some more images of products shot on white for my portfolio so I took advantage of the new purchase. I borrowed my friend's Phase One with 60MP back and 80mm lens for this image. Post processing was done in Adobe Photoshop.

The camera, no surprise here, produces amazing detail and sharpness. The fade in the reflection is what really makes this shot appealing to me.
Erich

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Reputation: 14
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby Psjunkie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Pretty darn good looking head set(heaset?) Duck...the reflection of the left seems to me, turned a bit too far clockwise....
Feel free to do as you wish with any of my photos. If you are able to receive compensation for their use, we are then (me 51% you 49%) partners. Then do the honorable thing and contact me so I can send my cut to the charity of my choice.

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 109
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby Duck » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks for looking, Erich. I appreciate the comments.

Psjunkie wrote:Pretty darn good looking head set(heaset?) Duck...the reflection of the left seems to me, turned a bit too far clockwise....

I think that may be an optical illusion as the reflection is in camera, not faked in post. Thanks for commenting though. ;)
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Reputation: 14
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby Psjunkie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 am

Duck wrote:Thanks for looking, Erich. I appreciate the comments.

Psjunkie wrote:Pretty darn good looking head set(heaset?) Duck...the reflection of the left seems to me, turned a bit too far clockwise....

I think that may be an optical illusion as the reflection is in camera, not faked in post. Thanks for commenting though. ;)
So I would ask as someone still learning what ever I can.....does it matter why it looks like it looks..would a client want it fixed..I am sincere and not trying to be a smart a......
Feel free to do as you wish with any of my photos. If you are able to receive compensation for their use, we are then (me 51% you 49%) partners. Then do the honorable thing and contact me so I can send my cut to the charity of my choice.

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 109
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby Duck » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:12 am

Psjunkie wrote:So I would ask as someone still learning what ever I can.....does it matter why it looks like it looks..would a client want it fixed.. I am sincere and not trying to be a smart a......

First, I don't get the 'smart ass' vibe from you so no worries. :)
Second, I truly believe the only dumb question is the one you failed to ask. That's why we share here. :thumbup:

The short answer is, if a client want's something fixed, it gets fixed. They're the ones spending the money after all.
The long answer is a bit more involved. Depending on the overall budget and intent of the final piece, if I felt the request was nitpicking I would try to dissuade the client from making (what I would consider) minor corrections that the majority of people would not notice. If the piece is to be a hero shot and lots of time, money and resources went into the production, no question, it would get changed.

That said, I still don't see anything off with the reflection. But then I have been staring at this for the past week or so.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Reputation: 14
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby Psjunkie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:48 am

Duck wrote:
Psjunkie wrote:So I would ask as someone still learning what ever I can.....does it matter why it looks like it looks..would a client want it fixed.. I am sincere and not trying to be a smart a......

First, I don't get the 'smart ass' vibe from you so no worries. :)
Second, I truly believe the only dumb question is the one you failed to ask. That's why we share here. :thumbup:

The short answer is, if a client want's something fixed, it gets fixed. They're the ones spending the money after all.
The long answer is a bit more involved. Depending on the overall budget and intent of the final piece, if I felt the request was nitpicking I would try to dissuade the client from making (what I would consider) minor corrections that the majority of people would not notice. If the piece is to be a hero shot and lots of time, money and resources went into the production, no question, it would get changed.

That said, I still don't see anything off with the reflection. But then I have been staring at this for the past week or so.
Thanks very much for your take Duck...
Feel free to do as you wish with any of my photos. If you are able to receive compensation for their use, we are then (me 51% you 49%) partners. Then do the honorable thing and contact me so I can send my cut to the charity of my choice.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 73
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Radio Heaset

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 am

Duck wrote:...
Second, I truly believe the only dumb question is the one you failed to ask. That's why we share here. ...

Thank You! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"


Return to “Commercial”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest