Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Things ShowcaseJack's Rock Collection

Images of inanimate objects; furniture, food & beverage, appliances, gadgets, electronics, apparel, jewelry
Post Reply
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6697
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Jack's Rock Collection

Post by minniev »

A touch of comic book processing for effect.

Jack always arranges everything he collects or plays with in some purposeful way. It may be size, color, design, purpose, affection. But there's always a plan.
Attachments
jacks (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie »

quite the collection

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

OCD, like my wife Shirl, get him some amber.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6697
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 pm
quite the collection
Everything on earth is a potential collection for Jack.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6697
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:37 am
OCD, like my wife Shirl, get him some amber.
He is an interesting mix of his mom’s OCD and his dad’s artistic/creative chaos.

What’s with the amber?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:27 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:37 am
OCD, like my wife Shirl, get him some amber.
He is an interesting mix of his mom’s OCD and his dad’s artistic/creative chaos.

What’s with the amber?
just a type of rock, can be polished and you can see through it. Sometimes it captures tiny insects inside that might be hundreds of thousands of years old and you can look at them with a microscope. Every kid needs a chunk of amber if they are rock collectors. (I think it is fossilized tree sap or something)..

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie »

minniev wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:27 am
What’s with the amber?
Watch the movie Jurassic Park...Jack would love it 'cept for a couple of scenes where people get eaten.....

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6697
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:04 am
minniev wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:27 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:37 am
OCD, like my wife Shirl, get him some amber.
He is an interesting mix of his mom’s OCD and his dad’s artistic/creative chaos.

What’s with the amber?
just a type of rock, can be polished and you can see through it. Sometimes it captures tiny insects inside that might be hundreds of thousands of years old and you can look at them with a microscope. Every kid needs a chunk of amber if they are rock collectors. (I think it is fossilized tree sap or something)..
I thought you were gonna tell me amber would cure him of arranging!

I take them to the rock show in Jackson every year, and Jack is intrigued with the amber, but he has thus far been unwilling to invest his whole cash allocation in it, opting instead for a bagful of lesser items like petrified turtle poop, magnet rocks, and tiny animals carved from stone.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6697
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:19 am
minniev wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:27 am
What’s with the amber?
Watch the movie Jurassic Park...Jack would love it 'cept for a couple of scenes where people get eaten.....
He loves Jurassic park, has full Jurassic park outfits for himself and for his favorite stuffed frog, and an array of jurrassic park toys. On a trip to Sallis, we had to stop while a flock of wild turkeys casually strolled across the road. After seeing them up close he said did not realize until then that turkeys were descended from velociraptors. I told him I hadn't either until he pointed out the obvious. Why did I not see it before?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests