Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Things ShowcaseAnother Tabletop with a Single Flash plus a Reflector

Images of inanimate objects; furniture, food & beverage, appliances, gadgets, electronics, apparel, jewelry
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Another Tabletop with a Single Flash plus a Reflector

Post by Charles Haacker »

Still battling the blues and looking for stuff to take my mind off everything (EV. ver. ee. thing!).
DSC03150-Edit.STD.jpg
So, this exciting, scintillating subject was just sort of sitting there, and desperate people are, um, desperate. Besides, these sorts of models are beyond patient. If you enlarge this you can see the richly detailed texture highlighted by the relatively small light source even when diffused.
DSC03145.STD.jpg
This is what the setup originally looked like. The light turned out to be too far back and the Rocket Blower was too far from the reflector, but you get the idea. The single flash has a box diffuser over the flashtube to light the background while the main beam is aimed at the matte white reflector.
Single flash plus reflector.jpg
  • Top left is the initial setup
  • Lower left is the final lighting, unprocessed raw file (at defaults). It took three adjustments to get the light right.
  • Middle is after finishing in Lightroom. I was gonna stop right here, but something was lacking.
  • Right is the final after I took it into Photoshop and futzed around with it. That "reflection" needs a lot more work.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo:
This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)
There is no light like back light. No, really. :)

nowakowski
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by nowakowski »

I love it