Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Things Showcasetreasure

Images of inanimate objects; furniture, food & beverage, appliances, gadgets, electronics, apparel, jewelry
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: treasure

Post by PietFrancke »

davechinn wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:44 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:23 am
I saw some Jim-Pops light painting posts (google Harold Ross), and I was inspired and tried to give it a shot. Images were taken in a totally dark room and I used a home-made diffused flashlight on the subject. Each exposure was about six seconds. And then I brought them into photoshop and blended them the best I could using masks and the Lighten mode. Was lots of fun and I now have a new way to photograph my miniatures - though for small stuff, you don't have much control. treasure.jpg

Love the still life process you have here Piet. Do you use a macro lens for your miniatures?
some time - I've got a 100 mm, but DOF is the biggest problem I think, for these minis, it is probably closer to shooting flower buds or something, more close up than macro, and I don't know much about it...

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by St3v3Murray »

PietFrancke wrote:
I saw some Jim-Pops light painting posts (google Harold Ross), and I was inspired and tried to give it a shot. Images were taken in a totally dark room and I used a home-made diffused flashlight on the subject. Each exposure was about six seconds. And then I brought them into photoshop and blended them the best I could using masks and the Lighten mode. Was lots of fun and I now have a new way to photograph my miniatures - though for small stuff, you don't have much control. treasure.jpg
I thought you meant defusing as flooding the environment but I see you're spotlight defusing, more control I suspect. Interesting! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

St3v3M wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:42 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
I thought you meant defusing as flooding the environment but I see you're spotlight defusing, more control I suspect. Interesting! S-
Yes! However, for small stuff it is probably counter productive. Next time I try this I will funnel the flashlight into a smaller tube so that I have a truer control - since I am moving the light, I don't have to worry about the strong edges anyway...

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by St3v3Murray »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:40 am
Yes! However, for small stuff it is probably counter productive. Next time I try this I will funnel the flashlight into a smaller tube so that I have a truer control - since I am moving the light, I don't have to worry about the strong edges anyway...
It will be fun to see what you come up with! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

nowakowski
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by nowakowski »

Well i can see the details and all i can say is not only does it look's great but it also looks like its not real life, that's impressive