Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Things ShowcaseFountain sodas

Images of inanimate objects; furniture, food & beverage, appliances, gadgets, electronics, apparel, jewelry
St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Fountain sodas

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:46 pm
With the existing shot, the trick is to find a balance of color among the various glasses without looking 'staged'. By switching the Mountain Dew with the Root Beer I would create the needed contrast on the end and reduce the lost feeling. However, that would put the two dark colas like bookends. Maybe not a bad thing, I guess but at the time I was trying to avoid too symmetrical a composition.

I could also adjust the contrast by darkening the end of the table during the shoot, or even shifting the color a bit with gels. Something to explore when I try again. :)
Interesting and I appreciate seeing it through your eyes! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker »

Duck wrote:One of these days I should do a video walkthrough of my studio for you guys to see. Don't know how much interest anyone has in it but it's my little 'man cave'.
I for one would be very interested. Elsewhere I'll show a picture of mine. :lol:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo:
This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)
There is no light like back light. No, really. :)

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck »

Charles Haacker wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:46 pm
I for one would be very interested. Elsewhere I'll show a picture of mine. :lol:
I'll have to do a little bit of cleaning first. I've been rather lax while this Covid isolation has been in effect. :)
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Business Website : Unitas Photography
Join me Monday nights at 6:30pm EST via Zoom to Learn Photography with Duck or,
Watch past episodes on YouTube
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

nowakowski
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by nowakowski »

I like this photography