"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Things ShowcaseThe egg--how did I do this?

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: The egg--how did I do this?

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm
Well, the story. Always a story. I bought the Leica Monochrom and 2 lenses on eBay, 3rd hand, at least. Last week, my daughter-in-law asked me to take some portraits of her for her Linked-in page and for a conference brochure where she is making a presentation. So, time for a new lens, right? New new, really new with wrapping. Did some googling and read a few positive reviews of the 50mm f1.1 lens from 7Artisans. At $369 on Amazon. Happy Father's Day, I thought.

The lens arrived yesterday and those were the first shots. Here are a few from this morning. The focus is hard to nail for several reasons: my eyes, the M is a range finder with manual focus, and the lens is very soft. The first teapot is f/8, I think and second is f/16 (or vice/versa). Both cropped a lot. In the third photo, the focus is sharper on the lamp shade than on the tripod even though I had tried to focus on the tripod, but I included the photo to show what it looks like sooc with the bokeh. (My spellcheck changed bokeh to pokey. It's a scary world when your computer starts calling you names!) Once I crop, the bokeh is lost, though. Gotta figure out how I am going to deal with that. Minimum focusing distance is .7 meters.

This will be my play lens and for family shots of the grands. Thanks for commenting. Matt
I thought you bought a pinhole lens. So neat and so many possibilities! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"