Things ShowcaseDirty Stuff

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Dirty Stuff

Post by minniev » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 pm

I participate in a 52 project on another site, and this week's assignment was "messy". I can't get out to do much photography right now so snapped a shot of some dishes I literally dug up behind an old cabin on the farm. Worked on it with a bit of processing and texture, just to get the assignment done. Surprisingly it was the most well-liked shot I've posted there, so I thought I'd share it here. Goes to show, you don't always know what others will find interesting.

I'll wash up the dishes when I have time, and see what they are. They do look interesting. The blue and white ones on the edge were in the cabin, so apparently were used when it was last inhabited around 1980. But the others were actually buried. We found edges sticking out of the dirt and went from there.
Attachments
messy (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Wow!

Besides giving me a flashback to my younger bachelor days, I think this shot is great, great, great. I might have to go back to my old ways if I can get a shot like this in 10 years.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 pm
I participate in a 52 project on another site, and this week's assignment was "messy". I can't get out to do much photography right now so snapped a shot of some dishes I literally dug up behind an old cabin on the farm. Worked on it with a bit of processing and texture, just to get the assignment done. Surprisingly it was the most well-liked shot I've posted there, so I thought I'd share it here. Goes to show, you don't always know what others will find interesting.

I'll wash up the dishes when I have time, and see what they are. They do look interesting. The blue and white ones on the edge were in the cabin, so apparently were used when it was last inhabited around 1980. But the others were actually buried. We found edges sticking out of the dirt and went from there.
Why wash them? If you don't need them, leave as is for future photos. This could be a magnificent series; let your imagination run wild. Some near a window, some on a table with an open door behind, some with table, chairs, bench, a hat on a chair, etc, etc. Show us. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:50 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:05 pm
Wow!

Besides giving me a flashback to my younger bachelor days, I think this shot is great, great, great. I might have to go back to my old ways if I can get a shot like this in 10 years.
Glad you like, Piet.

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 am

Why wash them? If you don't need them, leave as is for future photos. This could be a magnificent series; let your imagination run wild. Some near a window, some on a table with an open door behind, some with table, chairs, bench, a hat on a chair, etc, etc. Show us. Matt
Well, I actually dug them up a couple of months back, and then one of the contractors ran into some more of them nearby and added them to the group. I was feeling guilty about not having cleaned them up yet. I likely won't be able to resist washing them but I may play first. I have ALL the props: an old shack, an old rusted metal kitchen table, a couple of broken chairs, the dishes....

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 am

Leave them as they are and make them a part of the museum! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:

Well, I actually dug them up a couple of months back, and then one of the contractors ran into some more of them nearby and added them to the group. I was feeling guilty about not having cleaned them up yet. I likely won't be able to resist washing them but I may play first. I have ALL the props: an old shack, an old rusted metal kitchen table, a couple of broken chairs, the dishes....
I think the picture is spectacular! I love the light, love the colors, love the grunge--- I see why it's popular, it's great! :yay:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:

I think the picture is spectacular! I love the light, love the colors, love the grunge--- I see why it's popular, it's great! :yay:
Thanks Chuck.