Things ShowcaseStrings

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Strings

Post by St3v3M » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:A few more images in the Strings series. I have also posted the first, 3:43 PM, in my Project 52.

I really like the fourth! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:07 am

St3v3M wrote:
Matt Quinn wrote:A few more images in the Strings series. I have also posted the first, 3:43 PM, in my Project 52.

I really like the fourth! S-

Thanks Steve. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:04 pm

I am very taken with #1 and #5! Both are quirky and unusual. I like the negative space and reflection in #1 (3:43 PM), and I feel that turning #5 on its side is genius. Very creative, out-of-the-box. :thumbup: (Y)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:I am very taken with #1 and #5! Both are quirky and unusual. I like the negative space and reflection in #1 (3:43 PM), and I feel that turning #5 on its side is genius. Very creative, out-of-the-box. :thumbup: (Y)

Thanks Chuck. I have to admit, however, that #5 was a happy accident. I meant to click on the photo and accidentally clicked on the arrow for flipping the photo 90 degrees. When I saw it, I thought it was cool so I kept it. I should have noted that in the post but wanted to wait to get reactions. Want see the original?

3:43 is my favorite of all the photos from that shoot. Wish I had taken more in that style. If I go back, I may try some more with greater inclusion of the mirror; might be really whimsical ..

Am still working my way through '17 b&w photos for the final selection for the book. As Minnie has suggested, I am trolling through all of them in the hope that I may find some jewels that time and distance have allowed me some objectivity .. I'll let you know when I am ready to send to Mixbook. Thanks for the coupon Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm

I like the new set of images. Very creative. I have to say, though, the first "3:43 PM" is my favorite of the entire thread. It has a certain classic. timeless charm to it. I think what i like the best about that image, and it's probably because I see it in context with the other images, is that the subject appears to be the clock, but the image isn't about the clock. As a stand alone, I don't think it would have the same impact. It needs to be in a series, much like Minnie's Dam Birds project.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Duck wrote:I like the new set of images. Very creative. I have to say, though, the first "3:43 PM" is my favorite of the entire thread. It has a certain classic. timeless charm to it. I think what i like the best about that image, and it's probably because I see it in context with the other images, is that the subject appears to be the clock, but the image isn't about the clock. As a stand alone, I don't think it would have the same impact. It needs to be in a series, much like Minnie's Dam Birds project.

Thanks, Duck. You have helped me make explicit why I included 3:43 and why I find it so appealing. Yes, I can sing, but I don't have to do it to prove it. I know it. Yes, it's about the violins, but I don't have to include them to show it. But it only works in context with the others. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 am
While the bride sought help in a knit store, I walked into a violin sales and repair shop. The owner allowed me into the display room for some photos; she also is an amateur photographer and so welcomed me. MattStrings (1 of 2).jpgStrings (2 of 2).jpg
Another for the Strings Series

Matt
Piano strngs-.jpg
Matt Quinn

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Matt
You have quite the eye! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:37 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:06 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:

Matt
You have quite the eye! S-
Thank you. Now I need to learn to play. Matt
Matt Quinn

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 am

Matt Quinn wrote:

Matt
Wow! That is gorgeous! The LIGHT! (OK) :thumbup:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|