“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Member's ShowcaseHere's looking at you, babe

Commercial product shots or artistic still life all fit into this category.
- Appliances, beauty products, household items, centerpieces, detail shots, etc.
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Here's looking at you, babe

Postby Matt Quinn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 pm

In the Columbia Mall, window of a beauty salon. Severely cropped.
Here's looking at you, babe (1 of 1).jpg
Here's looking at you, babe (1 of 1).jpg (113.28 KiB) Viewed 50 times
C&C welcome . Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Here's looking at you, babe

Postby minniev » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 am

I think it's interesting - the flawless inexpressive half-face, the odd shapes and parts of shapes that seem strangely floating over the face. It's n original composition, and it makes me think and wonder, which is an equivalent to success.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Postby davechinn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:In the Columbia Mall, window of a beauty salon. Severely cropped.Here's looking at you, babe (1 of 1).jpg C&C welcome . Matt

Excellent Matt !!! I have seen this style in the past and at first I wasn't very excited about it. However, I have a different opinion now and this image has pushed me into that direction. I would consider this one to be 'thinking outside the box'. I do believe if sometimes we think in those terms it will enhance the skills we seek. Again, nice work.
Dave

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby Matt Quinn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 pm

minniev wrote:I think it's interesting - the flawless inexpressive half-face, the odd shapes and parts of shapes that seem strangely floating over the face. It's n original composition, and it makes me think and wonder, which is an equivalent to success.

Thanks, Minnie. I went back to the mall to follow up on your suggestion and posted, back and forth with Linda, one shot of the rafters, finally settling on one that I was originally intending to post but demurred, thinking it was too dark. Go with your first impulse, I guess.

Yes, I thought the face was flawless and vacuous, a statement in itself about glamour and our concern for appearances. The little shapes seemed to float above the image for some curious reason. I liked that. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby Matt Quinn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 pm

davechinn wrote:
Matt Quinn wrote:In the Columbia Mall, window of a beauty salon. Severely cropped.Here's looking at you, babe (1 of 1).jpg C&C welcome . Matt

Excellent Matt !!! I have seen this style in the past and at first I wasn't very excited about it. However, I have a different opinion now and this image has pushed me into that direction. I would consider this one to be 'thinking outside the box'. I do believe if sometimes we think in those terms it will enhance the skills we seek. Again, nice work.
Dave

Thanks, Dave. Your comment encourages me to experiment more. If anything pops, I'll post. Matt
Matt Quinn

Return to “Commercial & Still Life”