"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Critic's CornerChristina

Fashion and editorial images of people or models.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
Coral
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Christina

Postby Coral » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Photo shoot this weekend - Sunday. OMG it was windy!
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
CCC_0116.jpg

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Christina

Postby Didereaux » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Nicely posed and processed. The only critique I have is that the shadowed area at the junction of her neck and collarbone needed some fill light. Also her arm in the 3rd shot needed to be moved out a bit from her body as it is it thickens her torso. The other arm needs to be moved backward to get rid of the fold at her shoulder.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Coral
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Coral » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Thank you so much Didereaux. We are planning another shoot - same location except in the early AM instead of in the late afternoon. Hopefully it won't be that windy and I can use your suggestions. It was also the first time I've used high speed sync. Used it on the full length one but not the close up that was a reflector only. Also on the close up I tried something I learned in a Lindsay Adler workshop - it was my 70-200 wide open and then a Christmas ornament on the top right of the lens to create lens flare. I did a bunch of them and some of them the flare was just way TOO much. But I'm learning!

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Coral wrote:Thank you so much Didereaux. We are planning another shoot - same location except in the early AM instead of in the late afternoon. Hopefully it won't be that windy and I can use your suggestions. It was also the first time I've used high speed sync. Used it on the full length one but not the close up that was a reflector only. Also on the close up I tried something I learned in a Lindsay Adler workshop - it was my 70-200 wide open and then a Christmas ornament on the top right of the lens to create lens flare. I did a bunch of them and some of them the flare was just way TOO much. But I'm learning!

hey, sometimes learning can be down right fun, :)
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

pop511
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis

Postby pop511 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Pic1
Not a fan of flat hands disappearing behind the head. Bring it forward and arch fingers as in left hand. Elbow towards camera. Bring left hand down to open face more.
pic3
""The other arm needs to be moved backward to get rid of the fold at her shoulder.""
I think you mean the shoulder joint be rotated outwards more and down?
Cries out for more space. She looks very serious. Perhaps get her to breathe through her mouth?
Bokeh and setting lovely
These are only nitpics and you may reject them. Enjoyed viewing them.
Kind regards;
ed
ed davis

Return to “Fashion & Editorial”