Critic's CornerAn early Athina image..

Fashion and editorial images of people or models.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

An early Athina image..

Postby Onslow » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:46 am

This is an image I took awhile ago of Athina....

Psjunkie
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: An early Athina image..

Postby Psjunkie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Onslow wrote:This is an image I took awhile ago of Athina....
A good shot with excellent light. I would only question the highlights on the inside of her left ankle. You need to look it over some more onslow under the chair right of the post is a black spot and there are some hair strands floating.
Feel free to do as you wish with any of my photos. If you are able to receive compensation for their use, we are then (me 51% you 49%) partners. Then do the honorable thing and contact me so I can send my cut to the charity of my choice.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Duck » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Psjunkie wrote:...I would only question the highlights on the inside of her left ankle.

Good eye. I noticed that too.
Hands and feet can ruin a good fashion shoot. So much attention is often placed on the face that no one really pays too much attention to the rest of the body.
I've seen makeup jobs so bad it looks like the person is wearing a mask. If makeup is placed heavily on the face it tends to reflect light differently than skin with little to no makeup. This usually shows up as a face that is a different tone (or shade) than the neck and shoulders. But I'm getting off subject.

Hands and (specially) feet take a lot of abuse. If a person has been on their feet for a long time before a shoot they tend to be swollen, discolored or veiny. Not a very flattering look for women. Some skin smoothing, and balancing is often needed to match hands and feet to a pretty face. This is easily done with frequency separation.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:23 pm

Really like the lighting here John.
The ankle highlight doesn't bother me, but I'd agree on the stray hair.

I thought the spot under the chair was me having a dirty monitor. :D
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Onslow » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:50 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
A good shot with excellent light. I would only question the highlights on the inside of her left ankle. You need to look it over some more onslow under the chair right of the post is a black spot and there are some hair strands floating.

Cheers for that. The highlights? on the ankle don't worry me. A touch more skin treatment may have benefits though.. The hair strands floating is a good catch. Not quite processed properly but the image is a final from a while ago so won't be revisiting it. :)

Thanks also Duck and Tom for your visit and thoughts...

Psjunkie
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby Psjunkie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:21 am

Onslow wrote:
Psjunkie wrote:

Cheers for that. The highlights? on the ankle don't worry me. A touch more skin treatment may have benefits though.. The hair strands floating is a good catch. Not quite processed properly but the image is a final from a while ago so won't be revisiting it. :)

Thanks also Duck and Tom for your visit and thoughts...
Sorry onslow I am terminology challenged, and have a hard time communicating....yes some skin work on her ankle the brighter parts.
Feel free to do as you wish with any of my photos. If you are able to receive compensation for their use, we are then (me 51% you 49%) partners. Then do the honorable thing and contact me so I can send my cut to the charity of my choice.

Return to “Fashion & Editorial”