“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Critic's Corner'Kick in the .... Head'

Black and white, monotone and duo tone images. No full color images. Forum is not genre specific.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Reputation: 30
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby davechinn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Sometimes we all need a kick in the ..... HEAD !!! Although, we usually don't see or know its coming, while this guy did and he waited for it. Such anticipation, knowing its coming, but when? Like waiting for that shot from the doctor, knowing and waiting for the poke of the needle. Comments and suggestions welcomed.
Dave
Attachments
DEC_5361 B&W w.jpg
Anticipation, waiting on the kick knowing its coming
DEC_5366 B&W w.jpg
Kick in the head

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Reputation: 117
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby minniev » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Yikes Dave! Talk about catching the decisive moment!!

This set is graphic enough that I'm relieved it's in monochrome.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1725
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 149
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby Duck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:15 pm

What the...? Is this for real?
Damn great shots. As Paula said, a true decisive moment.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Reputation: 30
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby davechinn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 pm

minniev wrote:Yikes Dave! Talk about catching the decisive moment!!

This set is graphic enough that I'm relieved it's in monochrome.



Thanks Minnie !!! Actually, I consider it pure luck. Sometimes, we can catch that decisive moment but if I had tried, it most likely would have been a failure. I'll take the moment anyway I can though. I agree, the monochrome does take away the graphics but you know me, B&W as always or at most times.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Reputation: 30
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby davechinn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Duck wrote:What the...? Is this for real?
Damn great shots. As Paula said, a true decisive moment.


Yes Duck, its for real. This was at a Mexican wrestling match, Lucha libre (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈlut͡ʃa ˈliβɾe], meaning "Free fight") back in 2014. An exciting event, here are a few more.
Dave
Attachments
DEC_5323 B&W w.jpg
Another Decisive Moment, this is the same guy with the kick in the head. Man he took a beating. Those are fluorescent light tubes being used.
DEC_5269 B&W w.jpg
Free Fall or dive out of the ring
DEC_5714 B&W w.jpg
And the winner is ?

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 101
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby St3v3M » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:52 am

davechinn wrote:Yes Duck, its for real. This was at a Mexican wrestling match, Lucha libre (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈlut͡ʃa ˈliβɾe], meaning "Free fight") back in 2014. An exciting event, here are a few more.
Dave

I especially like the first one in this series. I think it's the feeling of the aftermath of being hit with a 2x4 and all the dust that comes with it.

You have to tell us more! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Reputation: 31
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby Psjunkie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 pm

No comments of improvement Mr. Chinn....well done set.

davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Reputation: 30
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby davechinn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:39 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:Yes Duck, its for real. This was at a Mexican wrestling match, Lucha libre (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈlut͡ʃa ˈliβɾe], meaning "Free fight") back in 2014. An exciting event, here are a few more.
Dave

I especially like the first one in this series. I think it's the feeling of the aftermath of being hit with a 2x4 and all the dust that comes with it.

You have to tell us more! S-


Glad you like them Steve !!! Knowing, watching and waiting for a kick to the head or even a 2x4 would be an anticipated moment for sure. However, the one your seeing is fluorescent light tubes being used.

Not sure how much more I can tell you, other than I was visiting my son, who lives in Tijuana and owns his own tourist business there. https://www.turistalibre.com/#home This just happened to be one of the events of his tours. I have never been to a wrestling match anywhere, so this, for me, was an excitement by far. The event had many matches, which in all lasted several hours. I was able to capture several hundred images, although there are many that are not of good quality and should be in the trash, but I refuse to trash any file I have. The ones I have posted were some I just came across and decided to post. Maybe I should look deeper into the files for more. Within my visit we took in a Mexican baseball game, a San Diego Padres game and the Mexican wine country. I don't remember which of the two we visited, but it was an adventure for sure. Hope this fits into your quote "You have to tell us more"! Either way, thanks for asking and your comments are much appreciated.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Reputation: 30
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby davechinn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Psjunkie wrote:No comments of improvement Mr. Chinn....well done set.


Thank you Frank, Much appreciated.
Dave

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 101
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: 'Kick in the .... Head'

Postby St3v3M » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:06 pm

davechinn wrote:...
Not sure how much more I can tell you, other than I was visiting my son, who lives in Tijuana and owns his own tourist business there. https://www.turistalibre.com/#home This just happened to be one of the events of his tours. I have never been to a wrestling match anywhere, so this, for me, was an excitement by far. The event had many matches, which in all lasted several hours. ...

A real Mexican wrestling match, what a treat! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"


Return to “Black & White”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests