“Don't count the days, make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali

Workshops and Seminars - United StatesLightroom Intensive workshops - November 2015

The place for approved active professional members who are educators to post and advertise their workshops in the Western United States

Please include location and date in all post titles
Note: Some Posts May Include Nudity
Forum rules
To post your event, product or service on this board you must be a member of the "Working Professionals Group". Regular members can respond to any posting here.

This forum is not intended for general discussion but simply for the announcement and advertising of events. Some posted events may have an attendance fee. Contact the posting member for additional information.
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Lightroom Intensive workshops - November 2015

Postby Duck » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 pm

To sign up for this five week event go to Meetup.com/My-Photo-Group

Adobe's Lightroom Content Management and Editing program is a very popular tool for many photographers. It is well designed and can get the beginner editing their photos in a short amount of time. It is also a very powerful program containing many tools and functions that, when understood, will help the advanced user speed their editing process immeasurably.

This series will be an intensive two day workshop designed to get you to an advanced level of editing. Broken down into five modules, each module targets a specific part of the LR program. If you want to attend both days you need to register for each session individually.

LRWS01 - IMAGE ORGANIZATION
About this module: This module deals with two distinct parts; Analysis and Application
  • You will analyse the various types of photographs taken to determine the needs and uses for those photographs
  • You will create an active structure within your workflow that supports those needs.
You will understand how the LR catalog tracks and manages images and how to maximize the file structure for effective workflow.
You will get hands on training to restructure your drives to conform to that structure.
Expected results: You will analyze your current needs and be able to organize your image files in various locations according to those needs and maximize the file structure for easy organization and retrieval outside of Lightroom.

LRWS02-WORKFLOW
About this module: This module deals with two parts; Understanding how LR works and structuring workflow to take advantage of the various tools LR has to offer.
You will understand the steps LR uses to ingest, catalog and edit images and how it can maximize your workflow time for effective time management.
You will have a workable and repeatable process for working within Lightroom that can be implemented right away and modify to fit your needs.
Expected results: You will have a clearer understanding of how LR works. You will also have a structured and repeatable process for working within LR that can be implement right away with your own images.

LRWS03-KEYWORDING AND PRESETS
About this module: This module deals with two distinct parts; keywords and presets.
  • You will understand hierarchies and basic keywording techniques and be able to apply them to your own workflow.
  • You will understand what presets are and how to implement them into your own LR workflow.
You will be able to analyze your images and determine proper keywords for easier cataloging.
You will be able to create workable presets for your workflow.
Expected results: You will understand the power of keywords in filing, sorting and researching images and have a hierarchical structure for implementing keywords. You will also understand how LR uses and creates various presets for expediting your workflow.

LRWS04-EDITING
About this module: This module deals specifically with the editing module.
You will understand how LR handles image processing and become familiar with the editing module tools.
You will get a basic understanding of how to manipulate tones to enhance an image. You will also explore editing methods for efficient editing, editing multiple images at one time, applying global edits and more.
You will understand and create editing presets that make sense and simplify editing.
Expected results: You will understand how LR handles image editing and do hands on editing of several images; portrait, landscape, black and white conversion in order to get a sense of how all the tools work and what a standard editing workflow is.

LRWS05-EXPORT
About this module: In this module we will discuss methods of outputting images for screen and print.
You will understand how LR processes images in a non-destructive manner and how to create export presets based on analysis from part one of this series.
You will learn efficient output workflow and organization
You will be able to create practical and useable watermarks and be able to embed copyright and ownership metadata.
Expected results: You will understand the web, print, book and slideshow modules and be able to export your images into various formats according to your individual needs.

PREREQUISITES:
This is a workshop about using Adobe Lightroom as a photo editing tool. It is not a basic computer class. You must have a familiarity with basic computer functions. You need to know the following;
  • how to use a mouse, pen tablet or other interface device
  • how to use a card reader to transfer images from camera to computer
  • navigating your computer's file structure in a file browser
  • creating, moving and deleting files and folders (cut and paste, click and drag, etc.)
  • navigating program menus (accessing main, sub and drop down child menus)
  • you should also know how to adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast settings

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
I understand some people do not have laptops available. There is enough room to bring in a desktop setup (keep it minimal). You will be responsible for transporting and setting up your own equipment.
I can not be held responsible for any damage caused to any of your equipment during this event. Make sure your equipment is well packed for transportation. Bring an extra extension cord and/or power strip just in case. Don't forget any peripherals (keyboards, mice, tablets, etc.).
Bring your external drives if you use them. Otherwise, make sure you have a variety of images on your hard drive to be able to follow along with the lessons.

LIABILITY WAIVER:
Laptops, computers, accessories, cameras and other equipment brought in by you for the purpose of this workshop is solely your responsibility. I can not be held accountable for the theft or damage to your equipment while in your care.

Absolutely no open drink containers near any computers.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Lightroom Intensive workshops - November 2015

Postby TomCofer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:32 am

"ADDITIONAL NOTES:
I understand some people do not have laptops available. There is enough room to bring in a desktop setup (keep it minimal). You will be responsible for transporting and setting up your own equipment.
I can be held responsible for any damage caused to any of your equipment during this event. "

Shouldn't that last line read, "I can not be held responsible for any damage caused to any of your equipment during this event." ??

Hope you have a good turn out for this event Duck. Looks like something I could gain a lot from. I know I stumble along with LR and don't use it nearly as well as I should.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Return to “Workshops and Seminars - United States”