Like a Phoenix, we have risen from the ashes of a technical bonfire that took the site down without warning. We are a little singed but the forum works. Help us test it out and let us know if you run into problems. We will pass on more information as we work our way through with our tech gurus who brought the site back from the dead. Thank you for your patience and welcome home! pM

Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People Critique'Lovely Rita'

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Lovely Rita'

Post by davechinn »

This is one of few taken @the 1940's days. I would have preferred a full body shot, but she had a modern day wheeled walker that didn't fit the time era. As I mentioned previously in another thread, there wasn't much interest this year due to lack of participation. Thoughts, comments and/or suggestions welcomed.
Attachments
'Lovely Rita'
'Lovely Rita'

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

Nothing to add here Dave....well done..great composition from a good perspective.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Thanks for commenting Frank !!!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

I like the sepia and general treatment, but think you were too rough on her face - just a little (little) softer for me. (but it definitely gives her a Hard Woman look.)

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 pm
This is one of few taken @the 1940's days. I would have preferred a full body shot, but she had a modern day wheeled walker that didn't fit the time era. As I mentioned previously in another thread, there wasn't much interest this year due to lack of participation. Thoughts, comments and/or suggestions welcomed.
Great shot and treatment. As Piet says, I might ease up on the detail a bit, add some grain, or some such stuff to emulate period processing a little more. But you have a real winner here. Great portrait. I envy your skill at this.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

rmalarz
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by rmalarz »

The usual great photographic work you do. Always a treat to view your creative efforts.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.
Lifetime member Royal Photographic Society

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:23 pm
I like the sepia and general treatment, but think you were too rough on her face - just a little (little) softer for me. (but it definitely gives her a Hard Woman look.)

Thanks Piet !!! I absolutely agree with you on her rough face. I forgot to mention that I applied a canvas layer, which I probably shouldn't have done. My head has been in stranger places thou.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:27 pm
davechinn wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 pm
Great shot and treatment. As Piet says, I might ease up on the detail a bit, add some grain, or some such stuff to emulate period processing a little more. But you have a real winner here. Great portrait. I envy your skill at this.

Yea, sometimes I do go overboard with no explanation to why !!! I suppose it's in my blood. I have reworked this image and dropped in a different background, so I guess it is now a composite. She is now 'Sexy Rita.' Thanks for commenting.
Dave
Attachments
'Sexy Rita'
'Sexy Rita'

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

rmalarz wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:46 pm
The usual great photographic work you do. Always a treat to view your creative efforts.
--Bob

Thanks Bob !!! Always appreciative of you commenting.
Dave