Like a Phoenix, we have risen from the ashes of a technical bonfire that took the site down without warning. We are a little singed but the forum works. Help us test it out and let us know if you run into problems. We will pass on more information as we work our way through with our tech gurus who brought the site back from the dead. Thank you for your patience and welcome home! pM

Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People Critique'A favorite character in New Orleans'

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: 'A favorite character in New Orleans'

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:39 pm
davechinn wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm
With all the walking in New Orleans I developed a blister between my toes, took a break and went in a corner store for Band-Aids. Walking by as I was leaving the store was this individual pushing/pulling a shopping cart with his dog inside the cart. I was able to work the scene some with his approval and when finished I thanked him with a handful of change. The last image is a cropped version of #2 and of course all three with different styles of processing. Any preferences?
Dave
Three different Chinn looks, and all are good - the dreamy, the detailed monochrome environmental approach, and the grungy portrait. I love the composition in the second one, the mystery in the first one, and those eyes in the third.

Thanks Minnie !!! I need to do more of #3 style. I enjoy doing them most, but find it difficult to come across the right acceptable (to me) individual.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm
All have their own look and I like each..the portrait wins it

Thanks Frank, I appreciate your feedback !!! Actually the portrait wins for me as well.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 am
I like the one with the dog - they are pals.

Absolutely Piet !!! It was so hot, pushing near 100 degrees. I did notice there was a portable fan strapped to the left front corner of the cart.
Dave

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3Murray »

davechinn wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm
With all the walking in New Orleans I developed a blister between my toes, took a break and went in a corner store for Band-Aids. Walking by as I was leaving the store was this individual pushing/pulling a shopping cart with his dog inside the cart. I was able to work the scene some with his approval and when finished I thanked him with a handful of change. The last image is a cropped version of #2 and of course all three with different styles of processing. Any preferences?
Dave
I like the second, it's his expression I think.

If I may ask, how do you approach people, walk straight up to them and shoot, ask first, pay them? I'm always curious. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"