Re: 'Anger Management'

Post by davechinn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:49 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:30 am
davechinn wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 pm
I am only sorry that you weren't quicker to take that image that she might have been upset about. The hat and the style of the image makes me think about a Johnny Depp movie about barbers. You took us back hundreds of years with this shot Dave.

Also, strangely, even knowing the story, she comes across as very animated, but it doesn't seem like a deep anger.

Absolutely Piet, but I had no intention whatsoever to take a bent over shot. She was heavily clothed, so I can't imagine where she was coming from. I do have other images, but none like this one.

I Googled Johnny Depp barber movies and came up with "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Watching the trailer I see exactly why this image would remind you of the movie. One I have not seen, but will have to now and will watch my back from now on, LOL !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4R72KROZ20

I suppose one would have to have been there to witness (what seemed to me) her anger along with the tone of her voice.
Dave
it is one of those movies that has to be experienced, even if just for the atmosphere and moods that are created. You are right, there are SO Many non-visual cues that we process, that can't possible make it into an image via capture. And Sound would be the biggest one that I can think off. Anger appreciation comes from Sound!!

I'm in absolute agreement Piet !!! I HAVE GOT to watch that movie.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:58 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:09 pm
davechinn wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:42 pm
This individual jumped to conclusions and made the accusation that I/we were photographing her while she was bending over. This image was the last image I took prior to her approaching Minnie and I to discuss the claim. Altho, she did all the talking, but her anger made for an image I would not have gotten otherwise. Thoughts & comments .... I'll take any and all accusations.
Dave
Glad you got this shot Dave, I didn't get her MadWoman look, this is a great image of plain old ordinary anger, made more interesting by the costumery. Maybe she'd want a copy?
:) I wasn't too sure what the issue was about her bending over, but some of her wardrobe did look like it could malfunction, so perhaps that?

All the time she was rambling on, I kept thinking to myself, "what is SHE talking about", I had no such intentions and didn't think I gave off that vibe and I know you didn't either, Altho, you would have gotten away with such a shot long before I could. Probably why she singled me out to be the main contender, but not to rule you out of the equation by no means.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:10 pm

a mere nitpik for sure...I suspected shutter as it just appeared to be more of a motion blur than anything else to me because it died down the further away from her fingers you got, at any rate a good capture.....

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:21 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:45 pm
I'll add my version, the best I got before Miss JT Star the Clairvoyant spotted us and thoroughly scolded us.

Like Dave, I prefer to take my shots before the subject spots me, so I ask forgiveness rather than permission. She forgave me, and later posed for me, but it was a pose, it wasn't spontaneous.

This is a nice capture Minnie. She was photogenic with her wardrobe, tattoos and SMILE !!!

This is a pose that actually, if you had not mentioned it I wouldn't have known. Some candids have been not so candid because we have gotten caught. Happens quite often, and it happened here, I usually walk away or approach. I didn't have time to walk away with this one. It all depends on the circumstances at the time. Never have I had an incident as to what she portrayed and this could have been much worse. My new motto is ... "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment".
Dave

David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:23 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:10 pm
a mere nitpik for sure...I suspected shutter as it just appeared to be more of a motion blur than anything else to me because it died down the further away from her fingers you got, at any rate a good capture.....

Thanks Frank, I appreciate your honesty !!!
Dave

David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm

I came across another image of my 'Anger Management' woman 2 shots just prior to her approaching Minnie & I. My decision for color was a challenge but I also thought it needed a touch of softness. It was hard for me to climb and cross over the fence to the color side, but it is growing on me ... just a little? Maybe !!!
Dave
Attachments
NOLA DEC_0915 color w.jpg
'NOLA'

David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:47 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm
I came across another image of my 'Anger Management' woman 2 shots just prior to her approaching Minnie & I. My decision for color was a challenge but I also thought it needed a touch of softness. It was hard for me to climb and cross over the fence to the color side, but it is growing on me ... just a little? Maybe !!!
Dave
Love it! the way you've got all the swirly stuff (hair, skirt, purse, etc) in motion makes this one so dynamic.

And of course the scene is chock full of the characters we met on this trip!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:39 pm

nicely done with just the right amount of muted color and softness......

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Seems to me she's not doing a good job of managing it. Those teeth---good thing she didn't try to bite you. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:53 am

minniev wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:47 pm
davechinn wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:28 pm
Dave
Love it! the way you've got all the swirly stuff (hair, skirt, purse, etc) in motion makes this one so dynamic.

And of course the scene is chock full of the characters we met on this trip!

Thanks Minnie !!! Winging it as I go with something different works out sometimes. Yes, chocked full of characters we met. As I look over the scene I recognize a few that we photographed.
Dave

David Alan Harvey