Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People Critique'Anger Management'

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Anger Management'

Post by davechinn »

This individual jumped to conclusions and made the accusation that I/we were photographing her while she was bending over. This image was the last image I took prior to her approaching Minnie and I to discuss the claim. Altho, she did all the talking, but her anger made for an image I would not have gotten otherwise. Thoughts & comments .... I'll take any and all accusations.
Dave
Attachments
'Anger Management'
'Anger Management'

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke »

I am only sorry that you weren't quicker to take that image that she might have been upset about. The hat and the style of the image makes me think about a Johnny Depp movie about barbers. You took us back hundreds of years with this shot Dave.

Also, strangely, even knowing the story, she comes across as very animated, but it doesn't seem like a deep anger.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

I was thinking Steven Tyler...

Not to be mean, but she should be elated someone would want a photo of her bent over. :)

With all that blur around her this is an image that needs to be viewed larger. Very intriguing image and knowing the back story really doesn't change my initial perception of the image. Nicely captured.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

sounds like an exciting capture Mr. Chinn..well presented, nitpik..I could use a little less blur of the hand but imagine it a shutter issue since we get no exif here. Had there been a more intense confrontation my money would have been on minniev......

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 pm
I am only sorry that you weren't quicker to take that image that she might have been upset about. The hat and the style of the image makes me think about a Johnny Depp movie about barbers. You took us back hundreds of years with this shot Dave.

Also, strangely, even knowing the story, she comes across as very animated, but it doesn't seem like a deep anger.

Absolutely Piet, but I had no intention whatsoever to take a bent over shot. She was heavily clothed, so I can't imagine where she was coming from. I do have other images, but none like this one.

I Googled Johnny Depp barber movies and came up with "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Watching the trailer I see exactly why this image would remind you of the movie. One I have not seen, but will have to now and will watch my back from now on, LOL !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4R72KROZ20

I suppose one would have to have been there to witness (what seemed to me) her anger along with the tone of her voice.
Dave

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

davechinn wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Absolutely Piet, but I had no intention whatsoever to take a bent over shot. She was heavily clothed, so I can't imagine where she was coming from. I do have other images, but none like this one.

I Googled Johnny Depp barber movies and came up with "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Watching the trailer I see exactly why this image would remind you of the movie. One I have not seen, but will have to now and will watch my back from now on, LOL !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4R72KROZ20

I suppose one would have to have been there to witness (what seemed to me) her anger along with the tone of her voice.
Dave
it is one of those movies that has to be experienced, even if just for the atmosphere and moods that are created. You are right, there are SO Many non-visual cues that we process, that can't possible make it into an image via capture. And Sound would be the biggest one that I can think off. Anger appreciation comes from Sound!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:42 pm
This individual jumped to conclusions and made the accusation that I/we were photographing her while she was bending over. This image was the last image I took prior to her approaching Minnie and I to discuss the claim. Altho, she did all the talking, but her anger made for an image I would not have gotten otherwise. Thoughts & comments .... I'll take any and all accusations.
Dave
Glad you got this shot Dave, I didn't get her MadWoman look, this is a great image of plain old ordinary anger, made more interesting by the costumery. Maybe she'd want a copy?
:) I wasn't too sure what the issue was about her bending over, but some of her wardrobe did look like it could malfunction, so perhaps that?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

I'll add my version, the best I got before Miss JT Star the Clairvoyant spotted us and thoroughly scolded us.

Like Dave, I prefer to take my shots before the subject spots me, so I ask forgiveness rather than permission. She forgave me, and later posed for me, but it was a pose, it wasn't spontaneous.
Attachments
jt starr (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:37 pm
I was thinking Steven Tyler...

Not to be mean, but she should be elated someone would want a photo of her bent over. :)

With all that blur around her this is an image that needs to be viewed larger. Very intriguing image and knowing the back story really doesn't change my initial perception of the image. Nicely captured.

Oh my, not mean at all. You are absolutely correct, but I'll never figure it out either.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:50 pm
sounds like an exciting capture Mr. Chinn..well presented, nitpik..I could use a little less blur of the hand but imagine it a shutter issue since we get no exif here. Had there been a more intense confrontation my money would have been on minniev......

It WAS exciting for sure Frank !!! Your nitpik was to be expected, but on the other hand still satisfied with the results. The blur, if I remember was a two part sequence. One being in camera shot a f2.8 and the other was self induced via PhotoShop. The blur from the hand was most likely caused from her hand being on a different plain from my initial focal point of her face/eyes. I would't be convinced of a shutter issue, but anything is possible. Since the exif file is unavailable here, I'll post a screenshot.

Your money on Minnie would have been a winner !!! Under the circumstances, she performed quite well. Both of us were in dead silence, (for the most part) and just let her ramble on, knowing that it will be over soon.
Dave
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-10-01 19.05.24.png