Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"He who knows most knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson

People Critique'Morning Commute' #1

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Morning Commute' #1

Post by davechinn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

We were pleased to have the opportunity of getting around New Orleans by streetcar for one day. It's such a great way to see the city at a reasonable rate. I wasn't aware there were various names to the street car lines. https://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/ ... tcars.html?

My second ever street car ride, with San Francisco being the first, was an enjoyable event, thanks to Minnie and her husband Gene. Both are very knowledgeable with the aspects of the city. This image is just one of a series and was shot on the dark side and altho I had the choice to correct the under exposure, I chose not to because it's just not in me to come out of the darkness very often. I know Minnie will have and possibly share hers as well.
Dave
Attachments
Morning Commute DEC_0501w B&W.jpg
'Morning Commute'
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm
We were pleased to have the opportunity of getting around New Orleans by streetcar for one day. It's such a great way to see the city at a reasonable rate. I wasn't aware there were various names to the street car lines. https://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/ ... tcars.html?

My second ever street car ride, with San Francisco being the first, was an enjoyable event, thanks to Minnie and her husband Gene. Both are very knowledgeable with the aspects of the city. This image is just one of a series and was shot on the dark side and altho I had the choice to correct the under exposure, I chose not to because it's just not in me to come out of the darkness very often. I know Minnie will have and possibly share hers as well.
Dave
Love your dark interpretation Dave. The one I posted in the 52 project was almost as dark as yours. The blur works to a similar effect as what I was trying to create.

The streetcar is a bargain for a day's fun, full of interesting characters inside and out. I still wish we hadn't missed the guy running down the trolley tracks with the streetcar in hot pursuit and the driver yelling at him. I was too dumbfounded to remember to take a shot.

Of course I have streetcar photos! Here's one that features Dave Chinn himself, as a backdrop for another New Orleans Lady, whom I call Sleeping Beauty. Creatively processed in LR.
Attachments
dave (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Dave, Love it. You knew I would. Interestingly, there is nothing NOLA-ish about it. Could be anywhere. But, for a morning commute, it has NYC and Tokyo put to shame. An easy workday ahead. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Dave
Love your dark interpretation Dave. The one I posted in the 52 project was almost as dark as yours. The blur works to a similar effect as what I was trying to create.

The streetcar is a bargain for a day's fun, full of interesting characters inside and out. I still wish we hadn't missed the guy running down the trolley tracks with the streetcar in hot pursuit and the driver yelling at him. I was too dumbfounded to remember to take a shot.

Of course I have streetcar photos! Here's one that features Dave Chinn himself, as a backdrop for another New Orleans Lady, whom I call Sleeping Beauty. Creatively processed in LR.

Thanks Minnie, sometimes I actually DO have issues with the dark side.

Yes, I saw the runner and just never gave any thought to the scene. I have been guilty of such things while photographing sports. Being dumbfounded, watching the play rather that shooting the action. Sometimes I did capture something acceptable.

Love your streetcar image. I can be good for something .... sometimes !!! A backdrop for sure.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Not sure why y'all have to run around looking for characters when your with Mr. Chinn..........Bahahaha..loving the series you two are presenting......

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:02 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Thanks Minnie, sometimes I actually DO have issues with the dark side.

Yes, I saw the runner and just never gave any thought to the scene. I have been guilty of such things while photographing sports. Being dumbfounded, watching the play rather that shooting the action. Sometimes I did capture something acceptable.

Love your streetcar image. I can be good for something .... sometimes !!! A backdrop for sure.
Dave
You made a nice contrast for the napping lady.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:07 pm
Not sure why y'all have to run around looking for characters when your with Mr. Chinn..........Bahahaha..loving the series you two are presenting......
I admit I took every advantage of Mr. Chinn in my photos. You will likely see another.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:41 am

I've been blessed to visit New Orleans twice, the first time I didn't understand it and the second I took off through the side streets and fell in love with it. It's a common theme to some of the cities I've visited now that I think about it, San Francisco, New York, and London, but I don't think I'll ever really understand NOLA until I've had a chance to visit it with the pM Crew. You're all amazing! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"