People CritiquePhotography/Nashville Sunday

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Photography/Nashville Sunday

Post by minniev » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm

I couldn't resist this shot of another photographer at work. I never can. We are kind of interesting sometimes. But I feel I could do more with it. I was fighting noon light but I still wonder if someone can suggest improvements or improve on it by editing it. What I cropped from left and below is just ugly OOF parts of traffic.
Attachments
balloons (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Could just be my monitor or eyes but this one also seems a bit on the warm side....check your camera white-balance, maybe it got switched to something

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:51 am

Glad that you allowed the car to be in the frame. Without the car, the effect would be much different. This reminds me of two different types of occasion. One was while in Mexico at a traffic light a couple was dancing in the crosswalk between lights changing. I was able to capture them, but its not as appealing as this one. The other, there have been manny occasions I have been downtown Cincinnati (while driving) scoping things out, only to come across a photographer in the middle of the street/lane photographing groups on the sidewalk, not paying any mind to oncoming traffic. Very annoying and rude IMO.
I have no comments for improvements. Looks good as is, Minnie.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:10 pm
Could just be my monitor or eyes but this one also seems a bit on the warm side....check your camera white-balance, maybe it got switched to something
Thanks Frank. All my mobile workflow images seem a little warmer on my computer than they look on the ipad where they first come in. I have more to work on there...

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:45 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:51 am
Glad that you allowed the car to be in the frame. Without the car, the effect would be much different. This reminds me of two different types of occasion. One was while in Mexico at a traffic light a couple was dancing in the crosswalk between lights changing. I was able to capture them, but its not as appealing as this one. The other, there have been manny occasions I have been downtown Cincinnati (while driving) scoping things out, only to come across a photographer in the middle of the street/lane photographing groups on the sidewalk, not paying any mind to oncoming traffic. Very annoying and rude IMO.
I have no comments for improvements. Looks good as is, Minnie.
Dave
Thanks Dave. My son says I should composite a Batman head into the top of that building in the background.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:51 am

minniev wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm
I couldn't resist this shot of another photographer at work. I never can. We are kind of interesting sometimes. But I feel I could do more with it. I was fighting noon light but I still wonder if someone can suggest improvements or improve on it by editing it. What I cropped from left and below is just ugly OOF parts of traffic.
I would normally say Crop Down but the ballons need to go up so it works as it is. I think this is what it is, a lovely image. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:51 am
minniev wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm
I would normally say Crop Down but the ballons need to go up so it works as it is. I think this is what it is, a lovely image. S-
Thank ya. I’m still a little dissatisfied but not sure exactly why.