“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” —Vince Lombardi

Forum software has been updated to latest version. Please report any issues you may encounter. - Thanks

People CritiqueThe Bird-Watcher

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: The Bird-Watcher

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 pm

St3v3M wrote:Jack looks wonderful up in the tree, and like all good boys has amazing footing. You know he's looking for your birds of course! S-

You're right about that! When he heard I was taking him to see my bird photos, he immediately got gussied up in his bird-watching gear.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:43 pm

minniev wrote:
Psjunkie wrote:Looks good to me minniev....all personal taste but maybe some crop in from the left and up from the bottom just to make him a touch more prominent...

Thanks, Frank, I wondered about cropping but also wanted to show how "brave" he was in climbing the "tree".

That's my sense of it --- show how brave he is away up in that tree. He put me immediately in mind of Jane Goodall. I love the fact that he is so hung about with gear. That is just one terrific shot of a terrific kid! :yay:
Min wrote:[...] I kinda liked the way he's in the crosshairs of the tree, too. I'm never good with posing them so every shot I've got is candids or crazy mugs.

Those are, I believe, the very best ones. When ya try to pose 'em that's when they mug.
Last edited by Charles Haacker on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 pm

Ultra-delightful! I just love it.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
minniev wrote:
Psjunkie wrote:Looks good to me minniev....all personal taste but maybe some crop in from the left and up from the bottom just to make him a touch more prominent...

Thanks, Frank, I wondered about cropping but also wanted to show how "brave" he was in climbing the "tree".

That's my sense of it --- show how brave he is away up in that tree. He put me immediately in mind of Jane Goodall. I love the fact that he is so hung about with gear. That is just one terrific shot of a terrific kid! :yay:
Min wrote:[...] I kinda liked the way he's in the crosshairs of the tree, too. I'm never good with posing them so every shot I've got is candids or crazy mugs.

Those are, I believe, the very best ones. When ya try to pose 'em that's when they mug.

Jack has a ton of gear for all occasions and sometimes I have to catch myself to not appear too shocked at what he turns up with. He's kinda proud that he's no longer afraid to climb trees, he remembers when he was reluctant to climb without Daddy (who is still a tree climber at 35).Glad you liked it.

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by minniev » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:00 am

LindaShorey wrote:Ultra-delightful! I just love it.

Thanks Linda!