People CritiqueMrs. Duck

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Mrs. Duck

Post by Duck » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 am

My wife stopped by my studio to kill an hour before going to pick up the grandkids from school (yep, she's the built-in baby sitter :D ) I corralled her into sitting for me to experiment, reluctantly I'll add, but I couldn't corral the goofy nature. I'll post a few more (in no particular order) as I process them.

Unitas_Photography-0033.jpg

Minimal processing in Lightroom only.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by minniev » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Mrs. Duck is pretty cute, and you did indeed convey a playful nature, which is certainly useful in managing grandchildren or being married to a photographer. I like the placement in the frame. You did a good job of managing the glasses, something that seems to trip folks up, including myself though I am several leagues beneath you in people photography anyway. Was her pose inspired by your current avatar?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

OH LORDY BUT YOU TWO ARE A PAIR! :lol: :rofl: :yay:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Delightful! And definitely a companion shot to your avatar. Makes me think we should do a "share" thread of selfies in similar poses :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm

I appreciate all the comments folks. This was a spur of the moment photo session as I had no warning she was stopping by. She normally doesn't come by either of my two places of work so it a pleasant surprise. My original intention was to put on a coat and tie and do a more formal selfie, like the headshots Ernst posted, but my plans were derailed. I told her that if she was going to 'disrupt' my work then I was going to put her to work as well. :)

The session began in a light humored mode right from the start. We are seldom serious anyway but she's usually tired by the end of the day after chasing grand kids around, so it was nice to get these before dealing with the kiddies. I tried getting a couple of more 'serious' poses from her but they were a failure. Shortly after this she found a prop feather head dress and I asked her to put it on. She ended up putting it on backwards so I took some shots of that. Then we wrapped some curtains around her head but those were dismal. I'll post those later.

As for the similarity to my avatar... that's just coincidence as she hasn't seen my avatar (she's not computer savvy). To put this into better context for you all, our wedding anniversary is on April 1st. that way she can claim she married a fool. :lol:

P.S. Here's the lighting setup I used;
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 am

You two are quite the pair and I love it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"