People CritiqueExcitement

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Excitement

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:32 am

all comment welcome..especially those promoting growth.....
Attachments
20171203FGS_3832-Excitement_mal.jpg

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:32 am

I'm really liking this image of this gorgeous young lady. I do feel that the highlights on the face are a bit to hot and would tone them down. I also notice some stray hairs on the face that I would remove.
Today is the Day, a New Day.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:20 pm

All I can offer is an emotional response, which is "awesome!" :D The background details suggest a non-studio setting, where something happened to cause her great joy and delight. I like the amount of space around her, more relaxed than if framed very closely. The position of her hands add to the moment. Sparkling intelligent eyes dominate the mood. I love it!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Psjunkie wrote:all comment welcome..especially those promoting growth.....

I don't have portrait expertise but will tell you this has tremendous impact. The title is palpable in her expression, as if she is about to explode from it. Wonderful pose and placement in the frame, excellent processing. Ernst' suggestions will give you technical perfection. Terrific image. The catchlight is interesting in and of itself: a light fixture? Maybe you could start a trend or invent an apparatus, it beats the heck out of those circular ring lights people pay big money for, in order to make their subjects look like they are wearing LED-powered contacts.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:I'm really liking this image of this gorgeous young lady. I do feel that the highlights on the face are a bit to hot and would tone them down. I also notice some stray hairs on the face that I would remove.
Thank you Ernst, I appreciate your time...

LindaShorey wrote:All I can offer is an emotional response, which is "awesome!" :D The background details suggest a non-studio setting, where something happened to cause her great joy and delight. I like the amount of space around her, more relaxed than if framed very closely. The position of her hands add to the moment. Sparkling intelligent eyes dominate the mood. I love it!
Thank you Linda, all responses are helpful...my studio is wherever I find my subject......

minniev wrote:

I don't have portrait expertise but will tell you this has tremendous impact. The title is palpable in her expression, as if she is about to explode from it. Wonderful pose and placement in the frame, excellent processing. Ernst' suggestions will give you technical perfection. Terrific image. The catchlight is interesting in and of itself: a light fixture? Maybe you could start a trend or invent an apparatus, it beats the heck out of those circular ring lights people pay big money for, in order to make their subjects look like they are wearing LED-powered contacts.
Thanks minniev, I’ve no expertise either...glad the impact came through, I can be a bit prejudice with my thoughts about an image when it is a grandkid you know, as for light you got it.....just the light fixture above the table.....

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:09 am

Frank, it just keeps getting better and better !!! The excitement flows all across her face. It's like she has just received a long awaited gift, caught by surprise at something. IMO, you couldn't ask for anything better. I bet Mom & Dad love it as well.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Thank you for comment Mr. Chinn...

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:09 pm

large bright beautiful eyes! They grab and they hold. But then after a moment I feel that the face is just a hair to soft in contrast to those eyes - or the opposite, the eyes are just a hair too sharp. Always something I know.., in my mind this is your best portrait yet, you absolutely caught the moment.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Thank you Piet, I understand your soft and sharp issue and thank you for pointing it out....

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 am

Frank, I can hear her squeal. Marvelous. The few stray hairs don't bother me since this is not studio. The moment is conveyed better with all the "stuff" life presents. The cheeks do look too hot, even a bit soft for me, and the eyes too intense. I don't know whether you enhanced them or not. If they are as they were, this young lady has laser power in her look. You caught a lifetime moment. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin