• Administrator
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” —Vince Lombardi

People CritiqueExcitement

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Excitement

Post by St3v3M » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 am

So often I see people strike a pose or shy away when the camera is pointed at them but this little wonder has all the excitement you'd ever want!

I can hear it now, A Pony? I GOT A PONY! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Psjunkie
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Frank, I can hear her squeal. Marvelous. The few stray hairs don't bother me since this is not studio. The moment is conveyed better with all the "stuff" life presents. The cheeks do look too hot, even a bit soft for me, and the eyes too intense. I don't know whether you enhanced them or not. If they are as they were, this young lady has laser power in her look. You caught a lifetime moment. Matt
Yes enhanced Matt, thank you for comment...

St3v3M wrote:So often I see people strike a pose or shy away when the camera is pointed at them but this little wonder has all the excitement you'd ever want!

I can hear it now, A Pony? I GOT A PONY! S-
Thank you for taking time St3v3M...

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 pm

I think it's a swell portrait! I have read the other remarks and cannot disagree, but my instant reaction was WOW! :yay: I suspect had I finished it I might not have gone quite as far with her gorgeous eyes, but I also think that (for me anyway) that's kindofa nitpick. Perhaps curiously I am minutely bothered by one thing: her thumb. I haven't the foggiest idea what you could do about it, but my eye went straight to her awesome eyes, then traveled right down to her fisted thumb intruding on her lower lip. It is in fact there, and at my present skill level it would be impossible to remove or even mitigate (although it may be you did "print it down" just a little since it seems shadowed more than maybe it was?). It is absolutely not ruinous! But for me a little distracting. I do think the light is exquisite, and as a long-time available dark freak it's doubly terrific. :thumbup:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Psjunkie
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:16 pm

A bit strong on a couple of things it appears, but that's why I post here to get the different opinions....thank you very much for comment Chuck, as for the thumb I understand your position but as you know with grab and go shots you take what you can get....