People CritiqueThanksgiving

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:44 am

Well the whole key is to start with a super image that is set up to perfection in the studio.........Bahahahaha!! almost embarrassing to show the original image Steve, but for you I bare my soul....I'm all about capturing expressions, however and whenever I can, patience and living in the viewfinder I have found to be very helpful in this regard...for the highlight an shadow enhancement of this photo the process described in this video was most helpful. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fduNNlVd-90) enjoy Steve.
20171021FGS_3503.jpg

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 am

Psjunkie wrote:Well the whole key is to start with a super image that is set up to perfection in the studio.........Bahahahaha!! almost embarrassing to show the original image Steve, but for you I bare my soul...

Wow, I'm so glad you showed the original. I assumed you used the car to get a dark photo and might have spent hours trying to reproduce it. Love it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:01 pm

I love 'em both. It's a very cool out-of-the-box treatment of kids, and I like it! I had to look for some time to conclude that I liked it owing to having pictured many, many kids in my day, and then the mandatory rule was kids = light backgrounds, but also have eclectic tastes and this approach works! Kudos! (OK)

Edit: OMG I didn't see the before, failed to notice there was a second page! Now I am even MORE impressed!! :S :clap:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:I love 'em both. It's a very cool out-of-the-box treatment of kids, and I like it! I had to look for some time to conclude that I liked it owing to having pictured many, many kids in my day, and then the mandatory rule was kids = light backgrounds, but also have eclectic tastes and this approach works! Kudos! (OK)

Edit: OMG I didn't see the before, failed to notice there was a second page! Now I am even MORE impressed!! :S :clap:
Wasn't looking to impress Chuck, the hard part is catching the expressions, but thank you...when you don't know the rules you don't feel the limits...

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Psjunkie wrote:...when you don't know the rules you don't feel the limits...

To see the world through a child's eye! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"