"You Are The Difference!"

People CritiqueThrough the Eyes of a Child

Post Reply
User avatar
Bob Yankle
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Burlington, NC
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Through the Eyes of a Child

Post by Bob Yankle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Actually, I believe the charm is looking into the eyes of a child, just wondering what they must be thinking.
Attachments
ParisianKidsOnBalcony_fotolur..jpg
Children on a Balcony in Paris

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Bob Yankle wrote:Actually, I believe the charm is looking into the eyes of a child, just wondering what they must be thinking.

That's an interesting shot. Though I always want to snatch the pacifier out before taking a picture, it isn't really possible and here it may add to the story of these two somber little beings alone on the balcony. I'm guessing this is Paris too, like some of your other recent posts? They and the building look decidedly European.

Their gazes are riveting, as children's often are. Angles from below seldom work but for some reason this one does, perhaps because it is an unusual position for children to be in (we would usually find this pair by our knees and struggle to get low enough). Well captured, well processed, and I'm glad you left the construction crane reflected in the window.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Bob Yankle
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Burlington, NC
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Bob Yankle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 pm

minniev wrote: That's an interesting shot. Though I always want to snatch the pacifier out before taking a picture, it isn't really possible and here it may add to the story of these two somber little beings alone on the balcony. I'm guessing this is Paris too, like some of your other recent posts? They and the building look decidedly European.

Their gazes are riveting, as children's often are. Angles from below seldom work but for some reason this one does, perhaps because it is an unusual position for children to be in (we would usually find this pair by our knees and struggle to get low enough). Well captured, well processed, and I'm glad you left the construction crane reflected in the window.
Thank you Minniev. You answered a question I had ....... I noticed there was a place to include a caption on image attachments, so I tried one. When I looked for the result, I found in the lower left hand corner of the image, but so small no one would probably notice it unless they knew to look. But yes, this is another of my Paris images. I envy your proximity to New Orleans as I believe it is one of the few cities in America that comes close to presenting street life like one sees in Paris.

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 pm

A great capture Bob, well presented, minniev has spoken so not much else to say. Maybe consider cropping up from the bottom, the brown wood kinda takes a bit away form the scene in my opinion..

User avatar
Bob Yankle
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Burlington, NC
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Bob Yankle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Psjunkie wrote:A great capture Bob, well presented, minniev has spoken so not much else to say. Maybe consider cropping up from the bottom, the brown wood kinda takes a bit away form the scene in my opinion..

Please have a go at it Frank. Crop it where you see fit, then share the result here.

Personally I liked the extra color in the palette. It was fairly bleak otherwise AND, it complements the color in the folding chair slats. Perhaps you can tell I had the same thoughts myself, but as Minniev has often said, I don't like to let go of anything.

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:59 pm

Thank you for the opportunity Bob, no real need to as you have explained your preference, I satisfied my curiosity just scrolling the image down...

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Children are amazing because they have no filters and everything is new and mysterious to them, it's an exciting time of life, a time of wonder and learning.

I love this and all it says without saying anything at all. Thank you for presenting this here! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 pm

They are not thinking. They are plotting. :S

It is a wonderful picture!
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:58 am

Charles Haacker wrote:They are not thinking. They are plotting. :S
...

'Take Up Your Rattle And We'll Rule The World!' (right after nap time) S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests