“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Critic's Corner'Ruff Ridin' Randy

Portraits and head shots. Learn the finer points of lighting and posing.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: 'Ruff Ridin' Randy

Postby St3v3M » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:07 am

I've probably made a mess of it, but I have a rendition if you'd like to see it. I'm happy to post it or send it in a PM. Either way, S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby davechinn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:46 am

St3v3M wrote:I've probably made a mess of it, but I have a rendition if you'd like to see it. I'm happy to post it or send it in a PM. Either way, S-

Yes, I would be like to see your version, maybe we can learn something new from it. So yes, go ahead and post it here. Thanks for asking.
Dave

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:32 pm

davechinn wrote:Yes, I would be like to see your version, maybe we can learn something new from it. So yes, go ahead and post it here. Thanks for asking.
Dave

I think I like yours better, but appreciate the opportunity to work on this! S-
Attachments
DEC_8709 color original w-Editc.jpg
DEC_8709 color original w-Editc.jpg (88.49 KiB) Viewed 129 times

davechinn
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby davechinn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Steve, I don't think you did such a bad job at all. This was a difficult one for me to get anywhere close to where I would like. Which was my reasoning for my second approach to this one. Harsh lighting, to me, is hard to gain control in post processing. Considering what you had to begin with, I think you did quite well. Oh, I'm sure I could pick things here and there, but at this stage I don't see the point. Thank you for showing your version. Its much appreciate.
Dave

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:07 am

davechinn wrote:Steve, I don't think you did such a bad job at all. This was a difficult one for me to get anywhere close to where I would like. Which was my reasoning for my second approach to this one. Harsh lighting, to me, is hard to gain control in post processing. Considering what you had to begin with, I think you did quite well. Oh, I'm sure I could pick things here and there, but at this stage I don't see the point. Thank you for showing your version. Its much appreciate.
Dave

I appreciate your compliment and really appreciate you letting me play with this. I try when it comes to post-processing and these practice sessions really help! S-

davechinn
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby davechinn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:Steve, I don't think you did such a bad job at all. This was a difficult one for me to get anywhere close to where I would like. Which was my reasoning for my second approach to this one. Harsh lighting, to me, is hard to gain control in post processing. Considering what you had to begin with, I think you did quite well. Oh, I'm sure I could pick things here and there, but at this stage I don't see the point. Thank you for showing your version. Its much appreciate.
Dave

I appreciate your compliment and really appreciate you letting me play with this. I try when it comes to post-processing and these practice sessions really help! S-

Maybe I should post some in the future for you or anyone else with an interest to post process. Whats your thoughts?
Dave

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 am

davechinn wrote:Maybe I should post some in the future for you or anyone else with an interest to post process. Whats your thoughts?
Dave

I think it's fun letting other people work on your images so you can see what they would come up with.

If you want to give it a try there's Edit My Shot or you can do it in your posts. It's always a joy! S-

Return to “Portraits & Head Shots”