"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

People Critique'Old-Timer Gossip'

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: 'Old-Timer Gossip'

Post by davechinn » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Duck wrote:
LindaShorey wrote:[...]Duck's feedback is great; I learn a lot from him. [...]

davechinn wrote:[...]Yes I agree, Duck is pretty thorough, but I would like to think I learn a little something from everyone at one time or another. [...]

I appreciate the votes of confidence, but as Dave mentions, I too learn from everyone here. That's why I particularly enjoy this site more than any other, past, present and future.

We all have our own experiences that help inform the image making process. I look to others where my knowledge and experience lacks and feel all the richer for it. That's why I love conversations about what the artist was thinking when the shutter was clicked or the steps taken in post processing. There are always little nuggets of knowledge to be mined.

I'm glad you see it that way as well, Duck. I'm a firm believer that no one knows everything and we all learn something from others, even if it's just character !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Psjunkie wrote:Both shots well done Mr. Chinn but number two takes the cake...Piet's comment of timeless is spot on. I've no thoughts for improvement...

Thanks Frank, I appreciate your thoughts and agree. Its something I should have caught, but ......
Dave

David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:49 am

davechinn wrote:I captured these two prior to Cincinnati Reds parade opening day 2017. They seemed to be enjoying their conversation, so I decided to capture them in the process. I have no clue as to what the gossip was about other than in one photo they seemed to be inspecting a flaw, scratch or maybe just a smudge on the grill of the old Mack firetruck. Comments and suggestions welcomed.
Dave

I'd like to see the first with the same 'tint' as the second, but love both and think you have an eye for Street! Well done! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:43 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:I captured these two prior to Cincinnati Reds parade opening day 2017. They seemed to be enjoying their conversation, so I decided to capture them in the process. I have no clue as to what the gossip was about other than in one photo they seemed to be inspecting a flaw, scratch or maybe just a smudge on the grill of the old Mack firetruck. Comments and suggestions welcomed.
Dave

I'd like to see the first with the same 'tint' as the second, but love both and think you have an eye for Street! Well done! S-

Steve, I appreciate your opinion of what is appealing to you, and I sometimes find it difficult to choose various tones. I go back and forth with this and that when sometimes I just say, "Oh, the hell with it". I do mix tones up, post to get an idea what most approve of to their liking, only to see if it differs from my own thoughts. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't, because since everyone is different there will always be opinions different from mine. Although, there have been times I have been persuaded and learned from it. One example is, for such a long time I didn't care for B&W at all, but happened to be persuaded through the works of others and finally saw the beauty in it. Sorry to ramble on, but I hope I made some sense, but again, thank you as I strongly feel we learn from each other even if its just an opinion and probably the one that mattered the most.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 pm

davechinn wrote:Steve, I appreciate your opinion of what is appealing to you, and I sometimes find it difficult to choose various tones. I go back and forth with this and that when sometimes I just say, "Oh, the hell with it". I do mix tones up, post to get an idea what most approve of to their liking, only to see if it differs from my own thoughts. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't, because since everyone is different there will always be opinions different from mine. Although, there have been times I have been persuaded and learned from it. One example is, for such a long time I didn't care for B&W at all, but happened to be persuaded through the works of others and finally saw the beauty in it. Sorry to ramble on, but I hope I made some sense, but again, thank you as I strongly feel we learn from each other even if its just an opinion and probably the one that mattered the most.
Dave

I'm not sure I could have said it any better, thank you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"