"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." —John Wooden

People CritiqueA straw

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

A straw

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 pm

All comment welcome....
Attachments
20170622FGS_2332-Straw.jpg

User avatar
uuglypher
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:57 pm
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by uuglypher » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Those eyes! Beautifully focused.
They articulately deliver the message: "No talkin' while the juice lasts !"
Tones well managed!

Dave

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:28 am

uuglypher wrote:Those eyes! Beautifully focused.
They articulately deliver the message: "No talkin' while the juice lasts !"
Tones well managed!

Dave
Thank you Dave, and thank you for taking time to comment....

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:48 am

The close framing works really well for me. Hands to mouth to face to eyes to tangle of hair. Very engaging image I enjoyed looking at for some time.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Psjunkie wrote:All comment welcome....



Frank you have hit a home run and possibly a grand slam !!! This is such an adorable image that I can't possible think anyone would not like. For me, there is no need to go into the technical details, for this image stands on its own. From top to bottom, from left to right, everything to my eyes are right where they need to be, except framed and on the wall somewhere. Nice image all around !!!
Dave

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:42 pm

LindaShorey wrote:The close framing works really well for me. Hands to mouth to face to eyes to tangle of hair. Very engaging image I enjoyed looking at for some time.
Glad you found the image to be engaging....thank you Linda..

davechinn wrote:Frank you have hit a home run and possibly a grand slam !!! This is such an adorable image that I can't possible think anyone would not like. For me, there is no need to go into the technical details, for this image stands on its own. From top to bottom, from left to right, everything to my eyes are right where they need to be, except framed and on the wall somewhere. Nice image all around !!!
Dave
Thank you Mr. Chinn for the kind words...

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Psjunkie wrote:All comment welcome....

I really like this casual portrait Frank, it's a kid doing what kids do, no posing or lighting, just life. You've maximized the available light and chosen the best angle. But for the rest, you've allowed her own personality to direct the image, right down to the nail polish we suspect was carefully applied by mom or grandma at the request of the princess. Nicely processed with all the tonalities preserved but still holding onto a bit of a high key look. Well done.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 am

minniev wrote:I really like this casual portrait Frank, it's a kid doing what kids do, no posing or lighting, just life. You've maximized the available light and chosen the best angle. But for the rest, you've allowed her own personality to direct the image, right down to the nail polish we suspect was carefully applied by mom or grandma at the request of the princess. Nicely processed with all the tonalities preserved but still holding onto a bit of a high key look. Well done.
Thank you minniev, I work hard to capture all natural expressions and know nothing about flash...although some day plan to learn.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:38 am

Psjunkie wrote:All comment welcome....

I thought to crop this in about ten percent more, and it changes the image, but I like yours best! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 am

St3v3M wrote:I thought to crop this in about ten percent more, and it changes the image, but I like yours best! S-
That's fine Steve but you know your always welcome to show me your vision...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests