"Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected." —Robert Frank

Critic's Corner'Hap'

Portraits and head shots. Learn the finer points of lighting and posing.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: 'Hap'

Postby davechinn » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:16 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:Hap seemed to be a happy fellow that I captured within a circle of crowds at a local biker event 2017. At most times patience seems to be the key to capture an acceptable expression, but wait too long and opportunity is lost, which has happened many a time. Comments and any suggestions welcomed.
Dave

This is a wonderful tribute to a happy man! Thank you for sharing this with us! S-

Thanks for your comment Steve !!! I agree, he does look to be on the happy side.
Dave

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby Charles Haacker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Jeepers Dave and all'a you guys: I hope you didn't think I meant to imply that the portrait was ruined by a couple of niggly little basically dust spots. Dave, if you never did a thing to it, it would remain a tremendous character study, the best kind of portrait there is. :thumbup:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Jeepers Dave and all'a you guys: I hope you didn't think I meant to imply that the portrait was ruined by a couple of niggly little basically dust spots. Dave, if you never did a thing to it, it would remain a tremendous character study, the best kind of portrait there is. :thumbup:

"a couple of niggly little basically dust spots" can ruin an image so better to point them out now than in print! Thank you for speaking up! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Postby davechinn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Jeepers Dave and all'a you guys: I hope you didn't think I meant to imply that the portrait was ruined by a couple of niggly little basically dust spots. Dave, if you never did a thing to it, it would remain a tremendous character study, the best kind of portrait there is. :thumbup:

No implication what so ever Chuck !!! I appreciate all that have been pointed out. It keeps me on my toes for future images.
Dave

Return to “Portraits & Head Shots”