Critic's Corner'Hap'

Portraits and head shots. Learn the finer points of lighting and posing.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
davechinn
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: 'Hap'

Postby davechinn » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:16 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:Hap seemed to be a happy fellow that I captured within a circle of crowds at a local biker event 2017. At most times patience seems to be the key to capture an acceptable expression, but wait too long and opportunity is lost, which has happened many a time. Comments and any suggestions welcomed.
Dave

This is a wonderful tribute to a happy man! Thank you for sharing this with us! S-

Thanks for your comment Steve !!! I agree, he does look to be on the happy side.
Dave

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Jeepers Dave and all'a you guys: I hope you didn't think I meant to imply that the portrait was ruined by a couple of niggly little basically dust spots. Dave, if you never did a thing to it, it would remain a tremendous character study, the best kind of portrait there is. :thumbup:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Jeepers Dave and all'a you guys: I hope you didn't think I meant to imply that the portrait was ruined by a couple of niggly little basically dust spots. Dave, if you never did a thing to it, it would remain a tremendous character study, the best kind of portrait there is. :thumbup:

"a couple of niggly little basically dust spots" can ruin an image so better to point them out now than in print! Thank you for speaking up! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby davechinn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Jeepers Dave and all'a you guys: I hope you didn't think I meant to imply that the portrait was ruined by a couple of niggly little basically dust spots. Dave, if you never did a thing to it, it would remain a tremendous character study, the best kind of portrait there is. :thumbup:

No implication what so ever Chuck !!! I appreciate all that have been pointed out. It keeps me on my toes for future images.
Dave

Return to “Portraits & Head Shots”