"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Animals Critiquetouched

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

touched

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 am

macro plus a little photo manipulation in honor of this months topic discussion

cold wind comes tonight,
Praying Mantis aches for food,
finger bones touched



fingerbonesS.jpg

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:55 am

Funny. All it needs is a salt and pepper shaker in the background... Or perhaps a jar of salsa? :D
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:06 am

Duck wrote:Funny. All it needs is a salt and pepper shaker in the background... Or perhaps a jar of salsa? :D


yesssss... finger bones isss crunchy

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4224
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Another creepy-but-beautiful Piet creation from inside his insect world. Well done, definitely evokes emotion.

Now my fantasy is of one that is tender - maybe a child's gentle hand petting the bristly and threatening head of her huge pet ant or wasp.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:13 pm

minniev wrote:Another creepy-but-beautiful Piet creation from inside his insect world. Well done, definitely evokes emotion.

Now my fantasy is of one that is tender - maybe a child's gentle hand petting the bristly and threatening head of her huge pet ant or wasp.


thank you Minnie, my hand collection needs to grow!

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:39 am

It's interesting how the bones of the hand seem to be reflected on the mantis face. Creepy but fascinating! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:03 pm

St3v3M wrote:It's interesting how the bones of the hand seem to be reflected on the mantis face. Creepy but fascinating! S-


that was the reason for the composite! The mantis face is like that, so when thinking about "how to make the macro shot look cool", I thought "put a hand next to it, the same form as what is already on his face", so I took a shot of my hand. I think I will let this image percolate a little in my mind, but it needs stronger highlights painted, more subtle light, and perhaps a special effect kind of spark connecting the hand to the mandibles... not sure, but it will become grist for the mill in learning PS

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:41 pm

PietFrancke wrote:that was the reason for the composite! The mantis face is like that, so when thinking about "how to make the macro shot look cool", I thought "put a hand next to it, the same form as what is already on his face", so I took a shot of my hand. I think I will let this image percolate a little in my mind, but it needs stronger highlights painted, more subtle light, and perhaps a special effect kind of spark connecting the hand to the mandibles... not sure, but it will become grist for the mill in learning PS

I didn't know they looked like that, amazing! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
rmalarz
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: Arizona
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by rmalarz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Very nice work, Piet. I like this one quite a lot.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:31 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:41 pm
PietFrancke wrote:that was the reason for the composite! The mantis face is like that, so when thinking about "how to make the macro shot look cool", I thought "put a hand next to it, the same form as what is already on his face", so I took a shot of my hand. I think I will let this image percolate a little in my mind, but it needs stronger highlights painted, more subtle light, and perhaps a special effect kind of spark connecting the hand to the mandibles... not sure, but it will become grist for the mill in learning PS
I didn't know they looked like that, amazing! S-
LOL - YES - after the body fails, they turn blue, and they aren't limp any more!!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest