"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

― Architecture CritiqueUp Down

Images of man-made structures; buildings, bridges, statues, roads and architectural elements like windows and doors, stairs, etc.
User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Up Down

Postby St3v3M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am

Here's another while waiting for a layover. S-
Attachments
IMG_3408-Edit-1.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 151
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby Duck » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:38 am

A perfect example of symmetry nicely centered in frame. The extra time you took to get your framing perfect really paid off with this image. Great processing. Nice tones. My only nitpick would be to take the digital broom to the little bits of litter in the foreground. They really distract me from an otherwise clean image.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby St3v3M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:10 am

Duck wrote:A perfect example of symmetry nicely centered in frame. The extra time you took to get your framing perfect really paid off with this image. Great processing. Nice tones. My only nitpick would be to take the digital broom to the little bits of litter in the foreground. They really distract me from an otherwise clean image.

I'm honored and appreciate the compliment!

It's funny that I was sitting there and didn't even notice the trash. Thank you for catching this! S-
Attachments
IMG_3408-Edit-2.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 151
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby Duck » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:26 am

:photo:
WOW!
That is an Architectural Digest shot right there.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Reputation: 97
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby LindaShorey » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Mesmerizing lines and shiny reflections. Love the perspective and ultra-wide angle.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby St3v3M » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:23 am

Duck wrote:WOW!
That is an Architectural Digest shot right there.

I'm humbled and overwhelmed. Thank you so much! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby St3v3M » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:24 am

LindaShorey wrote:Mesmerizing lines and shiny reflections. Love the perspective and ultra-wide angle.

Sometimes I get lucky, thank you so much! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Reputation: 32
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby davechinn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 am

Nice capture. I'm not sure I would have given thought to something like this. So many leading lines at a low angle point of view is perfect. With not much activity I wondered how you managed this without any interference of passersby? The clutter on the floor doesn't bother me, since its part of the scene and shows just how things really are when humans are involved. I would classify this as a form of street photography. A lonely isolated scene and well captured.
Dave

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby St3v3M » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:27 pm

davechinn wrote:Nice capture. I'm not sure I would have given thought to something like this. So many leading lines at a low angle point of view is perfect. With not much activity I wondered how you managed this without any interference of passersby? The clutter on the floor doesn't bother me, since its part of the scene and shows just how things really are when humans are involved. I would classify this as a form of street photography. A lonely isolated scene and well captured.
Dave

People were coming and going, and I got plenty of looks to make sure I was okay, but I found a few minutes before it started all over again.

And I appreciate the comments. It makes me laugh that I was there and didn't see the trash. Love it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 151
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Up Down

Postby Duck » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:40 pm

St3v3M wrote:... It makes me laugh that I was there and didn't see the trash. Love it! S-

It's amazing what we become desensitized to.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage


Return to “― Architecture Critique”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest