minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Up Down

Post by minniev » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:59 pm

St3v3M wrote:Here's another while waiting for a layover. S-

What a fantastic architectural shot! Perfectly balanced from this low perspective with the escalators splayed symmetrically upward. Your capture and processing convey the shiny metallic surfaces in an almost 3D manner. Because I am prone to anthropomorphization, I can see the focal point being the hungry mouth in the mechanical face, consuming the unfortunate travelers in the middle row. I don't mind the trash, but it is sleeker without it, and sleek is one of its most appealing attributes. This is a really nice image. It would yield as many interesting versions as you have the energy to create, (I'm thinking in the style of Joel Tjintlajaar http://www.photographyoffice.com/blog/2011/06/the-art-of-black-and-white-photography-by-joel-tjintjelaar or our own rborud), but I don't know that any of such would be more appealing than this one. Well conceived and well done.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Duck wrote:It's amazing what we become desensitized to.

I'd like to think I was thinking more about the people, but ain't it the truth. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:20 pm

minniev wrote:What a fantastic architectural shot! Perfectly balanced from this low perspective with the escalators splayed symmetrically upward. Your capture and processing convey the shiny metallic surfaces in an almost 3D manner. Because I am prone to anthropomorphization, I can see the focal point being the hungry mouth in the mechanical face, consuming the unfortunate travelers in the middle row. I don't mind the trash, but it is sleeker without it, and sleek is one of its most appealing attributes. This is a really nice image. It would yield as many interesting versions as you have the energy to create, (I'm thinking in the style of Joel Tjintlajaar http://www.photographyoffice.com/blog/2011/06/the-art-of-black-and-white-photography-by-joel-tjintjelaar or our own rborud), but I don't know that any of such would be more appealing than this one. Well conceived and well done.

I'm humbled to even be mentioned in the same sentence as these two masters. Thank you so very much! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"